lush Dekerf weenie singlespeed

Ok :LOL:

just for fun, i did some rough calculation:
I tried to be quite generous.. using weight of what i thought to be the lightest in the "ridable" category..

1800 - frame
500 - fork
65 - head
120 - stem
160 - risers
1400 - wheels
160 - inners
600 - tires
40 - quick releases
180 - freewheel
200 - seatpost
90 - seat
650 - crankset + bb
260 - pedals
200 - chain
280 - proshift
120 - levers
100 - cables etc
20 - grips + plugs

that adds up to 6945g

So thats pretty on the edge :) .. considering I counted just 500 grams for fork and 600 grams for furious fred type of tires.. which a lot of people considers not really ridable.
Its all from the top of my head.. so please dont pick too much!
All in all, good luck! You can do it somehow i guess. Looking forward to it.
cheers

1130grams for the more 'proper' salsa comoto.. naaahh ;) I think this kinesis looks just fine

yeah.. the green alone have made me keep it so far.. don't see how it could get any more lush.. thumbs up for the british racing green, or what did you guys call it?

Capin :).. nice to see someone's keen on this build
my excel says 6784 grams.. but i'm guessing, if I want a nice smooth and funny rig, i'll have to go for tires with more rubber.. goal is under 7, but I won't compromise feel and handling.. fork 500 gram, then i would have to buy another Trigon fork, but I won't.. this kinesis is 690g i believe.. I'll be cutting it some more though, and with some ti bosses, maybe i can get it down to 670g

6840258075_77b87ccfee_b.jpg

should I spray the fork in BRG..??

should I spray the fork in BRG..??

Yes :D ;)

Nice build.

Frame would be lighter with some strategically drilled holes in it. You could also lose 75mm off each end of the bars (Would also improve handling). Condoms are the lightest thing to use for grips. Grinding every 4th tooth off the chainring would also help. Removing half the spokes from each wheel would dramatically reduce weight too...... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

haha.. thanks

really liked the idea of drilling holes in the frame *thumbs up* that but also was thinking since my right underarm is that much stronger (think I know why :oops: ) i might as well ride without bar, joystick'ing down the slopes :) cause who need brakes right? the bmx'ers don't.. and why all the drivetrain, just make it a kick bike with a 25cm carbon rod in the bb.. seating is for lazy asses and why a front wheel when it's that much cooler manualing.. 5kg here i come

Looking good, shame the Trigon fork you bought off me didn't work out on this build, are you going to use it for something else?

Will be following this build with interest!

Latest posts

Back