Long Shot " Galli QR levers F&R" ANY Condition

Lazarus

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi everyone :) As per title, I am desperate to find a pair / put together a pair from 2 sources the missing QR levers from my NOS Galli Hubs / GP4's. They are currenty fine with the Campy 1's I'm using, but after 1 year of constant fleabay searching I give in.

Hopefully someone in here has 1 OR both gathering dust somewhere. Just want to see these wheels back to "original" :) Tia for any help, yours Laz.

PS: Hope to be back in the saddle again soon re: stuff I've promised, almost there now :)

I knew it was a long shot :-( Can anyone even tell me IF Galli QR levers are marked "Galli" / What they look like ? Velo have no records of Galli Criterium hubs with skewers in them, and Google + 7hrs and no sign of what they even look like. Darn good hubs too.

I'm getting mixed messages that the QR's might be marked "Maillard / Gipiemme / Sachs / but they're all French aren't they ?"

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated :) Tia, yours Laz.

Lazarus":3t8djeag said:
I'm getting mixed messages that the QR's might be marked "Maillard / Gipiemme / Sachs / but they're all French aren't they ?"

Gipiemme are Italian as are Galli.

I've got some Galli brake levers............................... :roll:

Hi Ned, thanks for the drop by :) Didn't know Gipiemme where Italian, thought they where a French outfit. You see when I bought these hubs they came with skewers, but I had so much stuff arriving, like a kid in a sweet shop, I got everything all mixed up in a big bundle of "stuff".

I have got Gipiemme skewers, & don't know where they came from either. It all gets so confusing late80's through the 90's because of hard times & mergers with cycle parts manufacturers.

Just can't find ANY proof of what QR's the Galli Criteriums shipped with as NOS. There is always hope :) Bloody nice smooth running hubs too, not as good as Record stuff, but close enough for me to like them. Later Ned, yours Laz.

Back