Koga-Miyata SkyExpension

:shock: awesome, what a DH wepon! love the rear linkage.
would look great with some ringle jewlery ala 8ball

the way you build this it must be a pleasure to ride! Anything more Herbold-like, is not nesaccary adding to that experience ;)

Disc drive, you allready mentioned that. DCD, cool but to much noise, larger chainrings, cool but unusable in Holland

Gripshift could be an option though. Cheap too, since you allready have cool levers! And if you don't like Gripshift, use the pods of the XTR sti's with stx (or nicer..) pod mounts (any colour would do in this case ;) )

Iwasgoodonce":5gv6xoga said:
How much travel does it have?

I did search in my literature, but I have not found it yet. The damper itself of course only has a couple centimeters, but it acts through a link. I believe reading somewhere that my Iron Horse/Verlicchi has 9cm.

13":248vikg9 said:
:shock: awesome, what a DH wepon! love the rear linkage.
would look great with some ringle jewlery ala 8ball

Thx. The bike initially had purple H2O and Skewers, but in my attempt to tune down the amount of purple a bit I dropped them. I have a red Zooka, but I would only consider it when I get hands on a Moby in 28.6mm.

Elev12k":2xj3w3e1 said:
Both Miyata and Koga-Miyata weren't properly (if not at all) represented in UK, so I think mags like MBUK didn't see the point of paying much attention to them.

In MBA or German BIKE you could encounter them quite regularly, in reviews or in articles with Greg. In Tread you can also spot them.

greg28720.jpg

Thats stunning whats on the cards for yours any other changes to any parts, your bike really is very nice mate

Im not sure about them forks, but its your bike and if it rides really well thats all that matters matey at the of the day more than looks :cool:

Maybe the Rondfork will return someday. I have HydroPros serviced and ready now. They are silver and they will make the bike look more neutral. The Ronds are nice forks. Everything is machined.

A Koga-Miyata hardtail frame, in this case full aluminium. A couple design features:
- snake stays that curl round the tyre and offer clearance for rings
- delta force monostay with integrated stops, with some models enabled use of a small damper (softail setup)
- no bridge between chainstays, to prevent mud collecting
- crud catcher mounts
- anti chain suck mounts

The frame does show resemblance with the full suspension. The basic layout of the front triangle is the same and they do share some frameparts. Greg raced these hardtails (sometimes in softail setup) in dual slalom events.

6835995745_d2363b409c_b.jpg

6835990263_f7af52ee5c_z.jpg

so when (and how) are you going to build that? :D

the Delta force (I didn't know it was called that) is one of the best monostays out there IMHO!

Back