my 89 Stumpjumper epic

and everything works well on the fork. i haven't serviced it, but it holds air fine and there's none of the rebound clunk that i always seemed to get with my old mag21's.

great find for that money!!!

about the ride of carbon vs other materials, you could say steel is real, but I guess you could also say epic is epic ;) :D

krakhaus":1e1xvnw1 said:
i'll sell the fork. shipping to the netherlands could be kinda pricey, but i'm not looking for much for the fork. pm me if you're interested in it. a friend is bringing over a steel jamis fork later this evening.

PM'd ya! ;)

i guess the previous owner swapped out the cranks for some reason. the derailleurs and shifters are XT, and it came with an XT seatpost, but it had been cut off too short so i had to get a new one.

the photos are a little deceiving. it's been used, but it's not thrashed by any means. the clearcoat was flaking off, so i removed it all. i wonder if it's a good idea to respray the clear.

Bummer about the stolen bike. How long is the head tube? I have a rigid fork from a similar sized frame I'll part with. Cheers

swos":uyzp5d0h said:
Really nice bike
thank you. i swapped out the future shock with a steel jamis fork, and while i like it much better with the rigid setup, i still don't really dig this frame. i figured after 6 months it would grow on me, but sadly it hasn't.
i think i'm going to build something with an aluminum frame. i miss my old cannondale and the stripped and polished aluminum.

Back