Help what to do if you find your stolen bike on gumtree ?

cizardev

Dirt Disciple
hi so it has been 6 mounths since my bike was stolen , until i found on gumtree just now.

what shall i do ? contact police ? or contact seller asking to view it ?

any advice would be apprciated.

and yes im 100% sure it is mine.

cheers Evan

Contact the police, get their advice. Possibly phone up say you'll definitely take it, try and push back the pickup time. Good luck!

A friend of a friend got great support off his local force when a similar thing happened.

Re: Help what to do if you find your stolen bike on gumtree

cizardev":1htjg0cg said:
hi so it has been 6 mounths since my bike was stolen , until i found on gumtree just now.

what shall i do ? contact police ? or contact seller asking to view it ?

any advice would be apprciated.

and yes im 100% sure it is mine.

cheers Evan

Call the Police for sure ,maybe call them for a viewing and get an address too

let us know how you get on

Block your number then call them. Then act genuine i.e. Is the price negotiable then get his name and address and arrange a viewing. Then contact plod, tell them all you know and what you have arranged and let them do the job they are paid to do

Contact the police, arrange an appointment with the seller (without telling him anything) and let one of the officers go there with you (in civilian clothing, of course). Also make sure you have a proof of purchase and/or the police report of the theft.

The seller may have bought it without knowing it was stolen, so don't accuse him right away.

I had a similar situation, and the seller managed to prove that he bought the bike more than half a year after it was stolen. I agreed to buy back my own bike at a very low price.

I also came across a bike that was stolen from a friend of mine, and because the theft was reported and I had the paperwork on my phone, the police cut the lock and let me take the bike home.

Back