1994 Marin Eldridge Grade

Nice project. I think I like the white paintjob... but it will miss some of the feeling of hostory.. i did paint a '92 colnago master pearl-white. I did not work out for me... kind of lost its soul. But lets see when yours is fully build. I think it is going to be very nice! And have that "new" bike feeling.

One of my fist mountainbikes was also a Eldridgegrade. The first one I got from new... and the last ever bike that I got complete/new. Do you know if the one with flat gray middle sections of the tubes and red joints was before or after 1994? I think it was 1993 but I am not sure? It got Dx and Lx componets... Love to have that one again!

Yetidh9":1li82we8 said:
One of my fist mountainbikes was also a Eldridgegrade. The first one I got from new... and the last ever bike that I got complete/new. Do you know if the one with flat gray middle sections of the tubes and red joints was before or after 1994? I think it was 1993 but I am not sure? It got Dx and Lx componets... Love to have that one again!

I think it was 93, I remember thinking the grey looked like undercoat.
Was it this one (stolen image from here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88323 )
img_1267b_848.jpg
[/url]

Andrew Eldridge":acdnq5uz said:
Yetidh9":acdnq5uz said:

I think it was 93, I remember thinking the grey looked like undercoat.
Was it this one (stolen image from here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88323 )
img_1267b_848.jpg
[/url]

Exactly! These steel Marins was really good. I exchanged mine with an Easton Ultra Lite alu frame - lighter and more "smart" for the time... but...!

Going to be interesting to follow your build!

So.. nothing like an Australian summer for keeping you out of the garage.
I finished this last year, but neglected to finish this thread.

I ended up replaceing the bb, cranks and seat. I managed to find (junk box in an old bike shop) a nos headset, which I didn't need but couldn't resist.
I am still in love with it.
DSCN2146.jpg

DSCN2144.jpg

DSCN2147.jpg

DSCN2145.jpg

Nice looking bike. It's helped me make my mind up that I'm going to have my 92 Marin Team Issue powder coated white.

Incidentally that was my EG you showed earlier in the thread. I repainted and sold it last year.

I want to live on a street like that, clean and modern :cool:

oh yeah, bike stuff.....

you've done well to get it looking very fresh but, the bike still keeps that retro overview.
rockstar forks....they never are 740/750g :LOL: must be a marketing gimmick in there somewhere, i've had many sets from various years of production.

enjoy your new machine andrew(and the gorgeous aussie weather) :)

Back