1996 Colnago Tecnos decor build

She really is lovely, I love the colour

Can you educate me please as still learning about colnagos , I thought tecnos and decor were two different models? :?

TOP NOTCH...That is a cracker!!...The Shamal's look the biz....I wouldn't change a thing...

daj":2u12h9ow said:
She really is lovely, I love the colour

Can you educate me please as still learning about colnagos , I thought tecnos and decor were two different models? :?

Ah, here it gets a bit tricky :LOL: you are right about what you say. My bike is a bit of an oddball in that after searching the web for hours and hours it appears it's almost (I like to think) a one off. Tecnos is technically the tubing (actually columbus EL-OS) and is distinctive in that the top and down tubes are crimped in a unique way just like the gilco tubes are. DECOR as far as i'm aware is not the same as 'art decor' usually meaning a colour style/scheme.
My frame appears to have a bit of history although I don't think I will ever get to the bottom of it. A frame sticker shows a Belgian bike shop who also later started a team, there is a number tag on the frame so maybe it was a custom frame built for a rider who specified the colour and decals too :?
I don't think I will ever see an identical frame though which is nice :cool:

JPB08":2qsou8sn said:
TOP NOTCH...That is a cracker!!...The Shamal's look the biz....I wouldn't change a thing...

Thanks, and no unless I see some serious cash come my way I wont bother buying a set of mavics to see what it looks like.
I again had an ebay result where a seller listed a pair of lovely HPW 12 spoke shamals with new record cassette just up in London, they were an absolute bargain, I got them for £240, easily £300 profit if I was to sell them on but they will act as spares for my titanium shamals as I've recently realised that spares aren't actually available, particularly the straight pull sopkes :shock:

wow, so it's going to come in well under 20lbs fantastic for a steal frame. Let us know when you get to ride it. :D

Great build up Sean...I absolutely Love the Frame BTW. Wouldn't mind a Colnago on my list at some point...

Thanks all, and hopefully it will only be a matter of a couple of days before it is rideable - the last time I had a proper ride on a road bike in anger was 1995 :cool:

Well the cranks came today so as works quiet I got on with finishing it.

The ebay cranks were actually better than described, nearly new condition really as is the BB.

sunsetride008.jpg

sunsetride025.jpg

It was a lovely sunny afternoon so I went for a spin along Brighton seafront and got in 7 miles before the sub zero temperatures made my lungs bleed!

sunsetride015.jpg

sunsetride011.jpg

sunsetride018.jpg

sunsetride023.jpg

I've got to be honest and say the first few miles were very odd, I guess it's been 16 years since I last cocked my leg over a road bike !! My usual ride is a full sus modern mtb with 740mm wide bars !! It didn't take long though and before long I could hold a good speed and felt right at home, the frame dimensions appear to be good for me too which is lucky. My pocket multitool meant I could make a few adjustments to the gears and seatpost height along the way. The shamals surely make acceleration a bit less snappy than some lighter wheels but on the positive side once rolling they fly along!!

Well happy! Can't wait for the London to Brighton bike ride in June :cool:

Thanks, shame the camera phone pics aren't as sharp blown up as they look on the phone screen :x

Back