SURLY Pugsley black ops FAT BIKE

Looks awesome in all black :cool: :cool: :cool: .

You should drill some holes in the rims; its cheap and you will notice a big difference :D

jamabikes":1z50olgv said:
give us a shout if you need a spacer for the free hub body.

You can also use the removed cog as a spacer ;)

a couple of pics form todays ride, cold and misty but fun
blackops008.jpg

a view into the misty kennet valley
blackops011.jpg

4x4 tracks near bucklebury, great fun
blackops013.jpg

onto the open heathland
blackops014.jpg

blackops016.jpg

dont think the cows had seen a fat bike before :LOL:

stubbsy :D

How's the mud clearance on the BFL with less clearance?

Mines sloppier on the wet stuff compared to the pugsley with nates fitted, sort of kicking myself I have them on eBay now!

If surly knock out 4.7" nates I will have a set!

most of the mud i have done is sloppy so falls off before cloggin up. i think that if i had nates i would have got through some bits that the BFLs gave up and slipped and spun, hopwever i am still running at 7.5 psi so could drop a bit more but that would make the mile climb up to the common land a real bitch :roll:.

i have reversed the rear tire and it has improved grip at the expense of a bit of free rolling but it was a fair trade in my books.

i am going to drop a cog off the rear cassette as when cranking in bottom gear there is a little chain rub on the tire side wall

i am glad that i went for the BFLs as they look the mutts nutts and do 99% of what i want and are a lot more capable than me :LOL: and a bit of sliding around is fun ;)

stubbsy :D

I'd say nates are only good for 5% of my riding, BFL copes for the rest, it's bogs and mid where I miss them.

Reverse BFL and 5 psi rock on the moonlander :cool:

Love to see some pics of you going down the muddy road riding it :D

I just can't get over how fukcing amazingly fukcing cool those tyres look :LOL: :LOL:

:shock:

:oops:

Back