The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
rudymexico":2u9z0zts said:
What Is This Worth?

Mantis XCR EC (Frame only)

It's tricky, because so few seem to come up for sale. I would estimate $400-$500, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm off with that.

I can't believe you found it in a pile of bike frames. Great find!

p.s. Please could you find me a Mantis Valkyrie (non e-stay)?

kingoffootball":3bvl3jbp said:
rudymexico":3bvl3jbp said:
What Is This Worth?

Mantis XCR EC (Frame only)

It's tricky, because so few seem to come up for sale. I would estimate $400-$500, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm off with that.

I can't believe you found it in a pile of bike frames. Great find!

p.s. Please could you find me a Mantis Valkyrie (non e-stay)?

Thanx for your comments...

Yes I will look for the frame...

I have seen a Ritchey P-XX and an MB-1 in town...that I am tracking down...

I've not posted an inquiry in a while, if ever.

I have this Campy headset, I believe it to be an early off road headset; beautiful looking thing; just have no idea what it is worth or what exactly is it, and have been pressed for time to do the research, so I'm being lazy...anyone know?

1" threaded, 24 tpi, british thread
0f6dc4a5.jpg

great condition.

how much would a pair of First generation gripsshift 3x7 shifters cost? Anyone any idea?

sorry, can't advice on pricing of any of the above...

@FMJ, I think the problem with the Pullstar hubs is spoke availability. I love the Tioga front hub, but that also uses strait spokes. I was told you can either buy titan, or special order at DT. Both very very pricey!

@Jakob, I wouldn't worry about being unethical mate. You're just helping out other retrobike enthousiasts!

how much

what would be a fair price for my kona uhu it has been fully rebuilt with a lot of new parts freehub ,cassette,chain,middle-ring seat-post forks rebuilt frame painted and re-stickered
bike is a good spec as standard and has deore lx crank ,xt brakes , levers gear, rear mech and deore lx wheels ,front mech all original apart from grips rear changer is stxrc and seat post (i have the shorter original) and the saddle and tyres
bike003.jpg

002-2.jpg

dave yates

hope this is the place for this and if not sorry, already mess up this morn :oops:

help dose anyone know what it would be worth,

dave yates columbus max or with ritchey dropouts
its a 1995 frame thats all dave yates could tell me.

frame weighs 2.05kg

any help
thanks

Attachments

• bike 3 006.JPG
    bike 3 006.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 857
  • bike 3 003.JPG
    bike 3 003.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 857
  • bike 3 007.JPG
    bike 3 007.JPG
    208.2 KB · Views: 857
The fact that it's a 95 frame is helpful to your cause because it means almost certainly it has geometry suitable for suspension forks. I have no knowledge of its market value, but they don't come up very often, so it's possible the people who read this thread won't have a lot to go on.

If I were you, I would either auction it on eBay, or if you prefer to sell it on here, do a search on Yates in the readers' bikes section and contact Yates owners. I can't think of anybody who could give you better advice than them as to how much to ask for it.

The Dave Yates has got quite a few things in it's favour. It's a good medium size so should have broad appeal. 1 and 1/8th headtube, suitable for V or canti brakes - nice versatile standard stuff and should be suspension corrected for 63 - 80mm. Dave is a high quality builder, even if his work isn't quite so hip and glamourous as some. Max OR is a great tubeset and 753 stays should compliment it well, the fillet brazing is a plus too. I'd have a guess at £150 - 200, provided all is in good order.

aroncmc22":qqcz6fx3 said:
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum so please feel free to point this post in the correct direction if it's in the wrong place.

I have a set of these sat in my loft and dont know too much about them although I am told they're quite rare and fairly valuable.. can anyone confirm this? And if so how much roughly are they worth?

Forgive the crap pictures

IMAG0183.jpg

IMAG0180.jpg

IMAG0179.jpg

IMAG0177-1.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

IMAG0177.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back