Dalby, North Yorks

I'm a regular up there (once a month at least)

Very good trails, the red route is ~23 miles long & full of fun. Switchbacks, sweet singletrack, a few small drop offs & small rock gardens, hardly any fireroad at all.

Ok it costs £7 for a day's car parking, but all the money goes back into the upkeep of the trails & visitors centre.

Andy B":iljg88yc said:
I'm a regular up there (once a month at least)

Very good trails, the red route is ~23 miles long & full of fun. Switchbacks, sweet singletrack, a few small drop offs & small rock gardens, hardly any fireroad at all.

Ok it costs £7 for a day's car parking, but all the money goes back into the upkeep of the trails & visitors centre.

sounds good. how long would a loop take? Whats the terrain like? More suited to old or new skool?

The girlfriends supposed to be showing me around there sometime :roll:
Supposed to be fun. I think Gil_Ms a regular round there ;)

Yup, Gil M is a regular up there too, not been on a ride with him though, although I have ridden with other SingletrAction members.

It takes me about 3 hours, maybe 4 on a bad day!

It can be a bit tiresome on a retro rig, a lot of hardtail riders say it's a bit rough on the derrière.

There are ways to cut the mileage down if you use some of the old red route, so you can tailor the ride length to suit.

I think that it's one of the best trail centres in England, possibly on a par with some Welsh & Scottish trail centres, except less fireroad!

sounds grand.

i only own hardtails but maybe I'll take the new school ride. find some of the trail centres (esp llandegla) are clearly built for people riding 100mm plus forks and risers etc..

John":1l0i5fxw said:
sounds grand.

i only own hardtails but maybe I'll take the new school ride. find some of the trail centres (esp llandegla) are clearly built for people riding 100mm plus forks and risers etc..
I'd agree with that. I can get the P20 round Glentress red and black, but wouldn't fancy it round Kirro

I've been riding in Dalby for 15-20 years or so- not to mention driving through the damn place at 125MPH occasionally- fastest stages in the country in there :shock: , It's a great place and never used a modern bike in my life so don't be put off ;) Plenty of cheap B&Bs and campsites in the area too if you are coming from further affield.

I've been trying to get a weekender planned with a little help and local knowledge from Gil_M in and around Dalby in the early summer but it appears to be a little slow in taking off. See t'other thread.

Dalby was top.

Had a quick spin round the red route with bits of black thrown in.

Definitely worth a visit. would be a good venue for a NE retro meet for sure.

John":1onfii6x said:
Dalby was top.

Had a quick spin round the red route with bits of black thrown in.

Definitely worth a visit. would be a good venue for a NE retro meet for sure.

So you'll be joining us in May then dude?? ;) ;)

Back