Retrobike National Series Rd 1: Lake District ~ 25/02/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr S":1rp5quo0 said:
daj":1rp5quo0 said:
has anyone booked anywhere yet? :?

I'm just daytripping now. Its only 2 hours from home.

Day trip for me too!
Looks like the first "proper" outing for the Kona.
Could fit a Charge Spoon to be in keeping with the rather disturbing theme!

mick_r":34210n4r said:
Mentioned it to mrs today and she seemed keen, so if we can sort childcare we'll come up. She'd be riding her Parkpre Ti (she raced elite for them in '95). Has been heavily and regularly used so not many original parts (unless I raid the scrap in the attic).

However I'm undecided on what to ride. I could bring my old 1990 Kili-Flyer. But my "modern" bike might be of more interest. Will I get flamed for bringing something newish? In my defence, it does feature E-stays and rigid steel, and I guess homebuild counts towards bodge points ;-). What do people think?

Great, a girl to add to the list of people destroy me on the climbs :roll:
;) :LOL:

Love to see the homebuild, most exciting thing you can do bike-wise I reckon, so exciting for me but I'm not sure the Lakes are ideal ss territory... :shock:

lakes

so, are we having a post ride bring and buy flea market guys?

it's just i've got a marin bolinas '92(15.5") F+F, other bits to give away. cantis, stem and bars inc.RESERVED FOR MrLEE

imagine this without certain parts. free to whoever helps me make space.

DSCF0094.jpg

Lakes not suitable for singlespeeds? Nah, not normally a problem :)

I can ss UP the Lawson Park bridleway (admittedly with a stop or two to swallow my lungs back down), so coming down it on this ride shouldn't be a problem.......

I will be on a modern.....had plans for something special but put it on back burner for now :x

mick_r":9gnw20tc said:
Lakes not suitable for singlespeeds? Nah, not normally a problem :)

I can ss UP the Lawson Park bridleway (admittedly with a stop or two to swallow my lungs back down), so coming down it on this ride shouldn't be a problem.......

Excellent, I look forward to seeing it then! Plus a potential hemorrhage always livens the day up :)

Re: lakes

marc two tone said:

marin bolinas '92(15.5") F+F, free to whoever helps me make space

pm'd mark ;)

Re: lakes

marc two tone":jtxkze99 said:

Yep, as usual bring along your spare parts for a few post ride bargains.

We are finishing at a cafe but I can't promise a barrel of ale. Spencer13 may decide to come along though.

What tyre choice do people who ride this area regularly reccomend? I did part of the Tilberthwaite bit over new year and it didn't really seem to suite Schwalbe Snow studs with no snow!

Will a fully rigid Kilauea be OK on this ride?

I have plenty of built in padding and bounce, but I've got used to riding front or full sus in my advancing years, with my crumbling old man's spinal column!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back