Show us your Proflex........

Heres mine, had a pretty sheltered life (from previous owner)... I haven't ridden it in anger as I haven't got round to sorting a 1 inch King crown race for it... :oops:

Oh, and I really should get some of those yellow elastomers from the States...

P1020402.jpg

P1020407.jpg

P1020410.jpg

This is my 656, bought this morning. Will be a little project for me. Apart from the obvious suspension issues there is little wrong with it. Need a new seat post as that one has been hacked off, and I dont like grip shift. Was hoping someone could help me with the options I have for the suspension ??
2012-01-08112955.jpg

2012-01-08113005.jpg

2012-01-08113013.jpg

2012-01-08113026.jpg

at suspenion fork suppies you can buy new elastomers for both frame and fork!
nice bike by the way...

Finished my Prflex yesterday with new elastomers from SFP and a new sealkit! It was worth it! I have a complete rebuild Girvin now! :p

GroteFoto-N6FT4HUE.jpg

GroteFoto-6VVHNJ83.jpg

GroteFoto-ZBAKQAD7.jpg

More pics in the thread in my sig!

trek_y":1ro8huk7 said:
Here's mine, not quite there yet :oops:
757 with carbon swinger, Risse shock, discs and Easton carbon bits - bit of a retromod. Sorry I don't like Girvin forks !
Brings me back to my 552 of many years past which was the same colours and a bike I have fond memories of.

Nice to see my old frame being used ;) looks good with the new disc mount

RF-1

I own maybe the last survivor RF-1 in the world. Now it's been restored.
You can see the first phase of restoration here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/67463054@N02/
(sorry, only in spanish)
I used bits that I had in home, only to see if the bike could be restored.
Once the rear suspension was restored I started the second phase.

Now it's been restoring with a rigid alu fork, NOS threaded XT headset, NOS girvin flexstem, NOS black Araya RM-20 rims, NOS DX hubs, DX mech, NOS DX thumbies, NOS tioga bars and lots of new bits. Maybe I will repaint the rear arm in its original neon orange colour...

This is my 550 i picked uplast year,Have upgraded to deore xt all round with maguras front and rear, and middleburn chainrings on the chainset,also deore thumbies.

1916f23f.jpg

'scuse my ignorance, but what (other than the decals) is the difference between an RF1 and a 750? To the untrained eye, they look identical, right down to the lobster pink swingarm.

Was it the prototype or something?

This is my old 750, polished up with repainted swing arm after a pretty hard life in the Welsh mountains!

proflex.jpg

Swapped this bike (less the forks) for a '94 Pine Mountain. Stupid... should've kept both, but with a new baby, a morgage and a boat to feed...

Saw a few nights back the rear is cracked by the replaceable dropout. :(

6828888745_2b12737e35.jpg

Still grieving the loss and pondering my options. If I hadn't put Risse's on there I think I would just sell off the bit's and end it.

Don't go vulture on it just yet (not that there's anything special there besides the shocks). I'm going to wait a bit and see what shows up.

Latest posts

Back