The official : Retrobikes spotted on famous sit-coms thread.

Groundoggy":29hi98js said:
Not a comedy and the bikes are more antique than retro but Mike from American Pickers is a bike guy..

Mike Wolfe was a competitive road racer in the 80s and owned 2 bike shops in his home town in Iowa. And you're right, MTBs are way too new for those guys.

Not a complete bike but Spin wheels in Avatar on Jake's wheelchair. Being that the movie is set in 2154 these wheels would be 153 years old. Nothing like 13 year old technology 140 years in the future, whats the opposite of "retromod"?

wheelchair-meets-amp.png

FMJ":3okxyw4w said:
Seinfeld's green Klein. It was replaced with a blue-silver fade Cannondale Delta V one season, but the Klein returned a few episodes later.

Seinfeld_s8e16.jpg

seinfeldKlein.jpg

And before I forget, Happy Festivus, everyone.

Festivus.jpg

and George had a Stumpjumper in his apartment, before he and Susan's worlds collided.

Wasn't this Klein on ebay once upon a time?

One of the cable channels were doing a piece near the shop i worked in and borrowed my bike for a background.Apparently camera operators use things like bikes in the background to take a baseline focus against or something like that :?
So my muddy fox pathfinder was on TV :D :cool:

Personally id like to see a competition to get the retrobike forum logo into the TV somewhere :?
Example-For those that live in London,they could try to get a cap/bag/t-shirt with the logo on in the background, during one of the outside broadcasts they do near parliament :?

get the retrobike forum logo into the TV somewhere

I missed a good opportunity to do this a couple of days ago :( Countryfile were filming over here with a bunch of the red sock brigade, :LOL:

Back