My Dekerf

DaveH

Dirt Disciple
Hi all

This is my first post so hope you like my bike :D

It's a 1997 Dekerf Team SL, I bought it new from John Atkins Cycles in Leamington after reading an article on Dekerf frames in one of the magazines of the day.

I'm also having a new Dekerf Team SST frame built at the moment,see here for pics:
http://dekerfcyclesuk.blogspot.com/

It's being built in a bit of a retro style as it's for 80mm forks and V-Brakes only!

Attachments

• Dekerf Team.jpg
    Dekerf Team.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 4,434
Hi Dave,

Welcome! Awesome piece of honest craftmanship you have there! Still remember the clear coated fillet brazed one I saw in Berlin shop a few years ago very well.

Think the blog is great too. Will take a closer look.

Thanks Elev12k

Chris Dekerf certainly makes a lovely frame.

The Blog belongs to the UK distributor for Dekerf,I asked if they could do a photographic record of the build,and Chris agreed to help.

David.

Thanks Steve

Yes ridden a few good hard-tails over the years but I just like the look and feel of the Dekerf.

Man alive! I've just had a look at the link. Your bike looks fantastic! I want one! How much is it costing? PM me to save your modesty ;)

Adam

The frame is costing £1425 but is a special custom build for me,and has the following differences from a normal Team SST:

All joints are fillet brazed.
It has a brazed seat pinch boss.
No bottle bosses on the seat tube.
It's being painted in a custom colour.

Dave

DaveH":3ulw832k said:
Adam

The frame is costing £1425 but is a special custom build for me,and has the following differences from a normal Team SST:

All joints are fillet brazed.
It has a brazed seat pinch boss.
No bottle bosses on the seat tube.
It's being painted in a custom colour.

Dave

:shock:
;)

Back