Another Colnago!

So on the non-drive side there is just the cone, 1mm washer and locknut:

web.jpg

Beautiful! :cool:

I'm still at lost about that rear hub... I took a couple of pics of mine for comparison. This is a campagnolo athena hub, also 126mm OLN with a 6 speed regina freewheel.

Drive side.
DSCN1040.jpg

Non-drive side.
DSCN1038.jpg

Thanks jCymbal, much appreciated. Your non-drive side washer looks much thicker than mine, 2 or 3 mm? A 2mm washer on the drive side should solve it for me I think.

Yes, without measuring it accurately I'd say that toothed washer is around 3mm thick.

I'm still "scratching my head" about this. What's this "gap" between the freewheel and the hub that looked like some kind of washer/spacer?

web.jpg

I think you can see on this zoom in on the bare hub, the threads don't go all the way up to the ridge of the hub:

web.jpg

Yes, all my records hub are exactly like that too. The locknut should go on the other way though.

The freewheel obviously isn't going all the way in so one last thought. The freewheel thread is the same as the hub's? Both english/italian threaded right?

^^ I thought that about the threads as well, but I don't think it would have gone on that far if the threads were mismatched. The gap looks OK to me --- the largest two sprockets on that Oro screw on from the back, so there is no freewheel body extending beyond them like there is on my America. My Oro is in bits at the moment, so I can't take an equivalent picture (and I'm in France...)
I'm flummoxed.
Nick

I remember once a friend got me a Regina freewheel. As it had no markings about the thread I tried it on a english threaded hub. It went pretty good until it got stuck without reaching the end. The remaining gap was not as small as the one on the photo. I assumed that english threaded it was not.

I suppose before getting the wheel re-dished it would be worth measuring the total length of spacers and nuts you have on both sides. I've got 3 sets of Record hubs running 6 and 7 speed freewheels (4 if I'm quick before one gets picked up) so we can compare. If there's no difference, it would be worth trying a different freewheel that you know is the right thread.

Back