Recommend a work stand ??

Hilts

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Fed up with resting my bike between to benches in the garden whilst working on it so decided I need to invest in a proper fit for purpose stand..

They seem to range in price from £50 to £170 , obviously i want to pay as little as possible but don't want one that's going to fall apart under my blacksmith like touch..

anyone got a good recommendation ?? it needs to be freestanding as most of my tinkering is done outdoors ..

ta

wrenchforce/ultimate stand

Not sure what brand name this is sold under now but the wrenchforce stand I have is superb. The tripod stand folds down so it fits in a bag and can be taken to events but is stable enough to hold a full sus bike at eye level.

The clutch on the clamp takes a little getting used to but once you have its really easy to mount a bike on the stand. Comes with a tool box that fits onto the stand so your not chasing around the floor for your tools. I would be lost without it.

Used to be distributed by Trek not sure if it still is.

regards

Terry

I've used a Minoura stand for about eight years. It's not the flashest thing going but I have never required anything better. Best of all it only costs around £90.

Russ

I use the Park PSC-1, it was about 140 quid but it's been worth every single penny!

I've got one of these not bad for £70. The minoura ones are pretty solid and reliable. Park are still the ones though :cool:

Cheers for the link Slim, that looks a decent stand for the price ..

Might go the whole hog and get the tool kit too ...

Latest posts

Back