The Lynskey Litespeed Group. Review and post a pic of yours.

suburbanreuben said:
neebsta said:
Some would argue steel is a better option for a hard tail. :twisted:
And they'd be right! :p

I'm not so sure... Having mixed views about that. I'been riding an IF De Luxe lately and I find it much stiffer than my low-end Voss TI, while not being a better climber. As far descending is concerned, unfortunately, the IF is hindered by a 1200 grams SID fork, which can't compare to the Manitou SX (the coil-oil model) on the VOSS.

The point is, when hedonism takes the best of a rider, and it DOES take it, you bunch of narcisistic Peter Pans, you CAN'T beat a newly painted team lavender IF.

neebsta":13coyuyj said:
suburbanreuben":13coyuyj said:
neebsta":13coyuyj said:
Some would argue steel is a better option for a hard tail. :twisted:
And they'd be right! :p

;) :D

I 100% agree, I have owned many high quality steel hardtails in 20 years and I still own a 1993 Marin Pine Mountain and two Kona Explosifs, and can verify that the ride of a sorted steel hardtail is better than most lower end Titanium frames and some of the stiffer Ti frames. My debate refers to a 1998 Lynskey made Litespeed Obed only, not the later poor ABG Litespeeds or a 'cheap' Ti frame. Cheaper Ti frames ride as cheap steel ones do, poor.

One assumes then Neebster that you, like myself, have ridden and raced not only quality steel frames, but also a quality Lynskey Ti frame as well to be qualified to make a good argument and support your debate. ;)

Look forward with keen interest to see the list of Ti frames that you have ridden! :twisted:

shaun":qhrrwjas said:
Russell (fortes fortuna calvus)":qhrrwjas said:
The answer is: No.

Tibi semper insidebant a titanium cursoriam?

Haha...

The answer is: yes.

But the question is whether 'your' bike is collectable, not whether xyz titanium bikes ride well or not.

Like others here, and for similar reasons, i say no, it is not 'collectable'.

And shouldn't that be 'insidebat'? :)

Nice frame, I have the previous year's Ocoee which I've had since new. No doubt the litespeeds are great frames, even the bottom of the pile models like your Obed. I rated and still rate the way mine rides, even when compared against the high end steel I have at my disposal, no Pine Mountains sadly, just a Yo Eddy and Mountain Goat WTR. However they do seem underrated and really don't seem especially 'collectable' - whatever that means.

The main thing is your happy with it - which you seem to be.

Not sure I'd count the ABG Litespeeds as poor. How are you judging this?

Also where did you get that list of 'facts' from?

To help try improve the love a tiny bit (I know it will be a struggle on here) for a Lynskey built Ti frame (if thats possible :cry: ), Lynskey built and designed the On-One 456 Ti in 2008.

This is what BIKERADAR had to say in a test review:

"Verdict: Best Hardtail Ever and the only bike we have ever awarded the full five stars too!

Given that we’ve ridden the cream of alloy, steel, and carbon bikes too, the fact that we believe this is the best all-round hardtail frame we’ve ever ridden is a big, big deal.

We never thought we’d give a run of perfect marks to every aspect of bike. After all, nothing’s perfect, surely? However, when we’ve been riding something that climbs, descends and rips through singletrack better than anything else we’ve ridden

The titanium tubes are as beautifully joined as you’ll ever find anywhere. That’s not surprising, given that they’re made by Lynskey, the firm with 25 years’ experience of building titanium frames with Litespeed and later under its own name."

In my humble opinion, Lynskey must be a little bit good at frames then don't you think? :?

Back