BoTM Feb 2012 'Aluminium Special' - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
This months definetly needs a Klein

1995 Attitude Nightstorm

nighstorm_sidex.jpg

nighstorm_frontx.jpg

as per the comments about "not knowing " weather frame is steel or not,i simply asked john if my gt rts1 would be allowed this month as the early ones had a chrome rear end.

FluffyChicken":2eakjid1 said:
Ductape":2eakjid1 said:
We have a winner!

American simply made the sweetest Aluminum Frames for this era..

I think if it was 1990 and I was able to purchase any new frame within reason, I would have been swayed by A Comp Lite....
Oh, wait. I was!

Great choice with that classic Bonty fork.
Beautiful build....

I dunno, looks like a bland frame with a high arse to me, well other than the nice cable guides. Nice forks though ;)

That and they mean feck all to most of us over in the UK.

Back in 1991 my wife at the time and I toured Europe for a while on our bikes including a long week in the UK. She was on her Klein (every time I buy a woman a bike we seem to split up) and I was on my American. We had brought foldable smokes for the quick change from Tour mode to trail ready. We actually got quite a few invitations to ride with locals on their favorite trails. Hands down the American got most all the attention. Blown away, nobody over there had ever seen an American before.

awww why not

'93 Coyote Eastern Ultralite with aluminum forks

snow makes the colours really stand out but the bike is let down by the crap seatpost and seat...

Attachments

• Coyote Easton Ultralite.jpg
    Coyote Easton Ultralite.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 875
Re: Rocky Mountain Stratos 1991

captaincosmic":2bczahcr said:
A new build using the original components I couldnt live with the original bar though which was over two feet wide :shock: and couldnt bear to cut it either
Seen here in natural habitat.......

This Rocky Mountain is a beauty :cool:

Got my vote so far :D

pinguwin":2q234njz said:
Pinguwin's 1990 American Comp-Lite in all its unfiled welded glory.

I'm not that good with what year stuff was available but isn't that rear mech a much more modern one? Did they make flite's in 1990? And did they come without any decals as standard?

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back