My GT STS

The 2 disc mounts are because a brake company in America were, at the time these were produced, were making a twin disc system for the front, so twin mounts were needed. Can't remember the name but I'll found out soon. Why's the stem on upside down though? :?

2 weeks ago there was one for sale here on Marktplaats,..for 450 euro in mint condition,..
was about 2 hours tolate,... :evil:

two disc mounts as nobody had settled on a standard for mounting them. what we now know as I.S. was maguras offering from 1999 i think. and post mount is what hayes were offering in 2000, as the earlier offering wasnt any good for suspension frames with the seat stays and chainstays close together.

twin discs were offered in 1997 by cullimore engineering (C.H.E.)in the uk, test rode some at the malvern classic, VERY powerfull, almost too much power. very nicely machined.

oh, what does sts stand for, i think rts is rocker travel system, lts is linkage travel system, not sure tho?

sts1000ds

i have a nice example of this bike and it had pretty much the same set up same forks, hs33`s and it work well for me, the spec is diff now. although i did try to fit kevlar 2.3 tiogas on it, yes it was scrubbing on the back so i turned it upside down and took sandpaper to the side knobbly bits of tire whilst turning the pedals ha ha ha it worked a treat! :LOL: as for the twin disk mounts they were for twin set up as i also have the american bike they were designed for which is a dirtworks monster 16inch from 97-98, look it up you might still find sum pics floating about ?

Back