tyre help

I'm not a Schwalbe fan either and agree about the "too fat" comments as well. 1.5 - 1.75 is plenty big enough to still hop a bike up n down curbs happily, but weight much less. Weight loss at the rim really mades a difference to the bike's perfomance. My personal choice of the last few years has been Panaracer Pasellas - light, great punc resistance and good wear properties too.

I also would go narrower. However Andy B also pointed out that narrower tyres give lower rolling resistance. Rolling resistance it self if a function of rider/bike weight, wheel diameter and tyre pressure. Rim width and inflated tyre radius have a weak effect on the rolling resistance and the rubber compound used also has some sort of effect but is difficult to quantify. So the thiner tyres only provide lower rolling resistance if they are inflated to higher pressures.

Schwable do many thinner tyres for example the land cruiser to name but one but the finish on the rubber looks a bit cheap to me. Some Swchable seem to be much better than others.

Continental do many commutor tyres.

http://www.conti-tyres.co.uk/conticycle ... ring.shtml
The Gator Skin is avaialble in a 26" size as is the Gator Hardshell. the Top Contact is another good road tyre but if you want a tyre that will do tow paths e.t.c and have good puncture resistance then you could try the Conti Travel Contact in the 26z1.75" size - a fine tyre and it rolls well to.

cheers for all the advise guys and iam now gonna go for a thinner tyre, seem some 1.9 on a bike tother day and they looked big enough so the 2.35 must be huge. I was considering sizes based on looking at the 2.2 i already have on the bike but as the have tread the sizing thing can be confusing lol

only prob i face is iam currently running spins on the bike and the rear has has a repair and i was told to stick to a 2.2 tyre due to this. Cant remember why tbh

FYI :

Here's a set of 2.35" Big Apples on my old C'dale. Trust me, they're bigger than they look. I had minimal clearance on the sides and the top, both at the front and rear end of the bike.

Back