1996 Kona Hei Hei - new pics!

is this the one reki used to have (blue decals) ?

looking good :cool:

.....what brand are those 'ti' spokes? much weight change from ss?

HeiHei

That's a beauty, will have to post pix of mine, but would work towards ditching the modern era kit on it as budget allows, i.e Thomson seatpost, stem, tyres, skewers and the pedals, should save some weight too with careful choices ;)
I always feel that the geometry on 95-98 HeiHei's suggest they are not suspension corrected, even though they are supposed to be ok up to 80mm, I'm running rigid 39.5 atc forks on mine and it handles really well and looks much less "sat back"

New pics of the Hei Hei

Managed to get hold of a half decent camera so I've got some new photos on here. Unfortunately they've had to be re-sized to 30% to be uploaded onto Retrobike so the quality is still not that good. One day I'll get some pics on here that do the bike justice!

Thanks for your comments. I've changed the tyres to Panaracer Fire XC Pro 1.8's. Other than that I have no plans for any mods now, it's just how I want it!!!

HeiHei

I still feel the forks are Waay too tall for it, a set of nice P2's would sharpen up the handling hugely and look much tidier to boot.

I'm liking it. Nice and understated, very clean. I too though, do think the front end is a bit too tall. But if its comfy that's what counts.

Re: New pics of the Hei Hei

konasexthreerider":3elypljq said:
Managed to get hold of a half decent camera so I've got some new photos on here. Unfortunately they've had to be re-sized to 30% to be uploaded onto Retrobike so the quality is still not that good. One day I'll get some pics on here that do the bike justice!
Thanks for your comments. I've changed the tyres to Panaracer Fire XC Pro 1.8's. Other than that I have no plans for any mods now, it's just how I want it!!!
I took a copy of your earlier pictures, and comparing them I can see why the bike looks better now, and less high at the front - you've raised the seat two inches. Genius!

Latest posts

Back