1996 GT Zaskar, where to start?

Top banana!!!! :) Just imagine how good it's going to look when the whole thing's done. Always amazes me how well the alu polishes on them and what a massive difference it makes.

That is going to be one stunning bike. :)

That's it mines gonna get a polishing tomorrow now!
Gotta love a Zaskar!

Tc

petitpal":39142hze said:
Do you think he's still polishing? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
But of course, what else is there to do at 1:45am on a Friday night (Saturday morning).

I've stopped now [photos in a few mins], it'll take a few hours to do a thorough job on the entire frame.

petitpal":39142hze said:
polish, stare and dribble at a bit (like you did when you first bought it)
Done. I've never polished it since I bought it, removing 16 years of grime is satisfying.

Noticed a small dink on the T of the large GT badge on the left hand side, about the size of a little finger nail and very shallow, nothing I'm going to worry about.

Some more mid polish (Autosol only) photos, camera on tripod and same lighting/flash settings for continuity

Before

During

After 1 polish

Before

After (not as noticeable on bushed finish)

Before

During

After

Progress:

Fairly obvious to see which bits have and haven't seen any autosol yet.

PS - sorry I haven't checked on forum etiquette for posting photos. I normally opt to upload to imgur and embed medium sized images which link through to a 1600px wide version, let me know if there's a preferred method using board uploads or flickr etc

Nothing to do with the polishing... it's just the change of rug that's helped. :D

Looking nice though. See - now just think of all the time you've saved in the morningby polishing at 2am.... time for, ooooh, stripping down all those components, re-greasing and polishing ready for re-fitting? :) Looking gooooood though.

Oooh. by the way. I've always found the an old toothbrush is perfect for all those fiddly bits that you can't get a rag to. Nicely applicator for a paste like autosol as well. :)

4:10am, hands thoroughly blackened and I've run out of Autosol, first stop Halfords in the morning.

Frame looks bling though.

4:10am, hands thoroughly blackened and I've run out of Autosol, first stop Halfords in the morning.

Frame looks bling though.

Sorry - deserted you around 3. 4:10am is hardcore though, I salute you. Get some bling pics up as soon as you can focus again. :D :)

Back