Vicious Cycles Metal Guru

Got some more time out on the VC, keeps getting better and better. Even the tyres weren't so bad, I think they suit the wider rim I have fitted to this.

6790899991_50ce180fdf_b.jpg

6790911379_a0f8177b82_b.jpg

I've owned a monolith and a motivator from Vicious cycles, just upstate from me, here in NY. Great riding frames, though they feel a bit heavy, and I never had one in my right size :?

Awesome job, man, as usual. Have you thought about ridding yourself of the chain tensioner, by going with an Eno rear hub?

Eno is just brilliant. Some times ago I put up a friend's Seven with one and couldn't believe how smart it was!

Too bad I'm not into single speeds; my friend's the Italian distributor of White Ind.!

BTW: have you tried it with gears?

GoldenEraMTB":q65yiqbd said:
I've owned a monolith and a motivator from Vicious cycles, just upstate from me, here in NY. Great riding frames, though they feel a bit heavy, and I never had one in my right size :?

Awesome job, man, as usual. Have you thought about ridding yourself of the chain tensioner, by going with an Eno rear hub?

Heavy?
HEAVY? :shock: :shock:

I weighed this frame in at about 1700gms (Ritchey Logic Deda 18MCDV)) but it rode even lighter. I had trouble keeping the thing on the ground! :LOL:

I agree, even without and weenie tricks its a whippet :)

novekili, I reckon I'll gear it up one day but not for a while its too much fun like it is :D An eno would be nice but I'd have to sacrifice my nice Pauls rear. The NC-17 tensioner is working really well.

Perhaps it was the frames being too large for me, then. Never had one in my correct size. Carl makes a good frame :cool:

Has anyone picked up on the grapevine whats happening at Vicious just now?

kaiser":35c5f5d7 said:
Has anyone picked up on the grapevine whats happening at Vicious just now?

Use to have him on my FB, but got rid of my FB months ago, so don't know...hope it's nothing bad.

Back