2004 Salsa Ala Carte 853

With the steel frame, no suspension and the simplistic look of the bike the gum wall tyres give it that real retro look :D
Great looking bike.

Tyres look good, got a set myself waiting to go on my Orange R8 build. Can't decide on black or silver rims to go with them mind!

FST4RD":3t5opwis said:
With the steel frame, no suspension and the simplistic look of the bike the gum wall tyres give it that real retro look :D
Great looking bike.

Thanks mate. I think the gumwall Onza's look great too, they may well be swapped soon for some modern blackwall rubber and the forks are going too... Hopefully it won't loose its looks!

dicoverybmw":37c4anjh said:
Tyres look good, got a set myself waiting to go on my Orange R8 build. Can't decide on black or silver rims to go with them mind!

Cheers bud, I agree, considering some Charge Splashback tyres but this will be my main rider so priority will be traction and not looks on this one! I'm loving black rims at the moment, didn't like them back in the day due to the fact that the anodising wore off so quickly but no such problems with discs!

Should be a 2005- looks just like mine.... colours were changed yearly. from memory 2004 was orange, 2006 brownish

Andy

Hey man, that looks just great!
Amberwalls never did it for me, schwalbe would look the business on your ride imho.
But I bet it rides nice on the trails...
/J

bonty98":132z7xan said:
Hey man, that looks just great!
Amberwalls never did it for me, schwalbe would look the business on your ride imho.
But I bet it rides nice on the trails...
/J

Thanks man, yes it rides great now it has the REBA's. I've done a few test runs at my local trail centre and I'm really pleased.

bonty98":9qtqx6e9 said:
That looks just great!
Ride hard :twisted:

/J

Thanks matey! I'm starting to love this now, it rides really really nicely and handles like a dream! I'm going to upgrade the wheels because I don't like the ugly converters I'm having to use on the older crossrides, so I'm on the lookout for some King or Hope wheels......

Back