JOIN THE ORANGE "CLOCKWORK" CLUB,show your bikes!

jax13":1u9uqszc said:
mine should be nearly ready in its new slimline guise...

ditched the RS indy's for some polished f7's, Ti brahma bar, new sd7 levers, polished syncros crank (just need to source a middle ring), magnesium beartrap pedals & fresh decals all round from Gil M. Kept the full X-9 drive train & arch rivals on there with the hope mono wheelset.

It will hopefully be ready in the next week or two all being well.

Ideal looking forward to it mate.... :cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
the_duke":2inbsxt9 said:
Interesting paint scheme on this one,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150739976736? ... _646wt_934

Original? It looks early to my uneducated eye :LOL:

Think it's late 80's. From memory the early ones could be had in orange/white, yellow/white, pink/white, orange and black.

Got an early one coming in today that 'might' be a bit special ;) Could also turn out to be tat though as it's in snotty condition. :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Here's the latest sick puppy to enter Landers Towers. Prototype Clockwork with what looks like a Prestige rear end. Also says it's hand built ;) :cool:

Attachments

• IMG-20120131-00063.jpg
    IMG-20120131-00063.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,144
  • IMG-20120131-00064.jpg
    IMG-20120131-00064.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,144
  • IMG-20120131-00058.jpg
    IMG-20120131-00058.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,143
Brilliant......what a find..., :shock: watching with great interest.

COOL... :cool:

brocklanders023":36obiszk said:
Here's the latest sick puppy to enter Landers Towers. Prototype Clockwork with what looks like a Prestige rear end. Also says it's hand built ;) :cool:

wow - brocklanders where did you find that?! What cool bike - a real bit of british MTB history - really glad that you have found another one and look forward to the build thread?

Are you geeting the frame original battle scars and all or full resto? difficult choice :?

Found it on Preloved and was only over the hill in Halifax ;)

Planning on just cleaning up the frame and maybe touching up a few areas then decide on a groupo. Nearly all the parts currently fitted are mince so I'll need almost everything for it.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqN,!lkE8HPTf!mIBPMuVMqg9!~~60_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqN,!lkE8HPTf!mIBPMuVMqg9!~~60_12.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,252
finished at last???

P3070479.jpg

full spec:-

Frame: orange clockwork 17" 1989 / 90

Fork: orange f9?

Headset: modus 1" threaded
Stem: syncros 1" quill 0deg rise, 90mm
Handlebar: raleigh special products titanium brahma
Grips: syncros
Barends: n/a

Brakes: avid arch rival 40
Brake Pads: avid
Brake Cables: clarks
Brake Levers: avid SD 7

Shifters:
Front Derailleur: sram x-9
Rear Derailleur: sram x-9
Derailleur Cables: sram OEM
Cassette: sram pg970
Chain: KMC missing link
Cranks: syncros
Crank Bolts: SRP
Chainrings: syncros outer & granny, stronglight zircal middle
Chainring bolts: unknown (srp, kcnc or similar)
Bottom Bracket: FSA
Pedals: welgo magnesium beartrap

Hub Skewers: brandX hope copies
Rims: unknown mavic
Hubs: hope mono
Nipples: unknown stainless
Spokes: unknown unknown stainless
Tyres: road = conti double fighter II / xc = panaracer fire xc pro folding 2.1
Tubes: maxxis welter weight

Saddle: charge spoon
Seatpost: syncros
Seatpost Binder: brandX hope copy

Weight: approx 28lbs, will confirm when xc tires are fitted, my aim was approx 26lbs... fingers crossed!

Well, I'm feeling very Orangey at the moment,it may have something to do with me walking into a bike shop in Malvern and ordering a new Orange, some 22 years after walking into a bike shop in Malvern to buy a new Orange (clockwork).
Infact, the only bike I now want is a 1990 Clockwork as per my original*.

Anyways, I have stumbled across some more pictures I thought I had lost.

The first picture sums up the '90's for me - anodising had become popular and though hard to see, the clockwork is covered in mint source stickers !

enjoy

*wanted 1990 Orange Clockwork,17"ish, orange and white :cool:

Attachments

• SCAN0006.jpg
    SCAN0006.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,127
  • SCAN0005.jpg
    SCAN0005.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,126
Back