Tell me I've spent my money well puleeze! IF now Finished!

Couldn't wait. Long night yesterday. Put it up with the bits I had in the garage. Can't afford to do any better at the moment. I have to change the stem to a shorter one, tho.

Attachments

• indy1.JPG
    indy1.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 586
  • indy2.JPG
    indy2.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 586
Temporary build

fork: SID RACE
Ft der: Deore
Rear der: old XT
chain-cogs: XT 9speed
Chainset: Truvativ carbon
Stem 3TTT forge
Bars: Easton Monkey lite carbom
Saddle: SLR gel flow
Headset: Tiso
Wheelset: FRM wheelsmith Mavic Ceramic, Hope QR
Vbrakes: Mrazek
Levers: Avid Ultimate black ops

Ft derailleur and chainset will go, I think I'll get a White Industries double crankset

I have mixed feelings about the bars: I need the extra width, but don't like the rise or the weird bend.

Stem might be a tad long. For sure it's ugly but will stay until I find st. better

Shifters will go when I get a 10s set for my FTW. At that point I'll have a pair of XT thumbies to use friction mode.

Lovely colour to do an IF :cool: Get those SID lowers painted to match ;)

As John says, never Bad Money when it's spent on an IF ;) But then I would say that :p

novekili":2w7pn5kz said:
does anyone have any experience of fitting 650b wheels on a bike like this?

Whats your plan? 650b + rigid fork? I have no experience but have been thinking about doing the same. The general internet 'vibe' is positive.

Love the colour. Would be good to get a fork and stem sprayed up in the same colour.

kingroon":y1r2ak1g said:
Lovely colour to do an IF :cool: Get those SID lowers painted to match ;)

As John says, never Bad Money when it's spent on an IF ;) But then I would say that :p

As John and Matt said, very well worth it, once you get ridding :cool:
Oh crap, Matt; I've got to send you something.

So, yeah, go with a build that will accent it's classic feel, lots of dark ano/ black steel, with maybe a third contrasting color. A solid groupset is a must to get the most out of riding it.

/.02

Looking good! Liking the RS post :D
Have any pics a bit further back to show the whole bike at once?

Further pics will come as soon as I manage to take her out!

The whole universe seems to have conjured against a proper test of this gem! :evil:

As I said this build is temporary. I'm struggling to find a stem. I'll try different positions with cheap perches before looking for a cool one. Everybody's telling me to loose those shifters but I like them. Next week I'll try if my friend's 650b wheels fit the rear end of my bike. Cane Creek's vees should solve the brake issues coming from the scarce tire clearance of my Mrazeks.

The geometry is strange: it's a 17" with an incredibly loooong top tube, around 59-60 effective length. I'll probably need a 100mm stem, but will have to mount it upside down because the headtube is so high, too. Which will probably oblige me to use a modern stem. I've found a perfect one, but it's +5 degrees and not reversible. If I get tired of searching I'll spend a fortune and have Tommasini build one for me!

That abominable crankset will go as soon as my friend comes to visit me along with a White industries silver unit.

Back