lush Dekerf weenie singlespeed

what are the brakes and levers ? look rather swish....

nice bike by the way, subtlety, bling ;)

would look the part with some straight blade forks or project 2's.

suburbanreuben":2uozb243 said:
Don't compromise the ride with shonky modern tutt! ;) It's gotta be a steel fork.

growling.... heavy straight bladed cast iron fork no thanks ;)

yeah under 7 shouldn't be a problem.. but that's with conti supersonic tires and tubes *doh*.. in-line will be swapped for a kcnc ti pro lite 100g lighter

brakes are precision pro shifts and paul love levers.. you can easily save 15 grams on them levers by changing bolts and run drilled chain ring bolts instead of them silver adjusters now mounted :)

can do some more pics sunday.. happy friday night between them sheets :oops:

I hear you can get carbon frames weighing 1300gm or less! :D
They probably don't ride as well as a cast iron Dekerf, but they look impressive on the scales! :p

Very nice bike! I didnt do any calculation, but it also seems to me that with that steel frame and without loads of carbon, the 6.9kg target weight is a bit optimistic... But Id love to be mistaken! :D

CAPIN":3q538vm2 said:
Very nice bike! I didnt do any calculation, but it also seems to me that with that steel frame and without loads of carbon, the 6.9kg target weight is a bit optimistic... But Id love to be mistaken! :D

thanks.. so do you wanna bet?? :)

1300gram for a carbon frame is heavy.. saw the new scott scale came in at 899grams.. sigh.. that's pretty much half this lead-dekerf :(

6826044573_c1a43b9cb4_b.jpg

For what it's worth I'd put a set of Salsa Cromoto forks on the front of that.
Tapered legs would look good with the slight taper to the stays.

SwanHouseNappa":2m01ued3 said:
For what it's worth I'd put a set of Salsa Cromoto forks on the front of that.
Tapered legs would look good with the slight taper to the stays.

Totally agree with this.

Cromotos don't look right on a Dekerf. The crown is very wide to allow plenty of clearance for big fat tyres. The stays of a Dekerf have minimal clearance for anything bigger than a 2.1. The wide forks just don't look right; I've tried.

Back