da FUNK phenomenon

:shock: :cool: Can I send you my frame/fork for you to polish? :LOL: i have a LOT to work to do. :(

SYN-CROSSIS":2783lbyr said:
The bearings and collars/spacers are repros for the frontmech, like on my Funk ;)

i still don't understand what you're using them for. :? :LOL:

oh it's a bearing and pulley!

no cable stop on the seat tube for me, so i have to do the same as the Trek posted above. issue with my frame is that the hole for the cable end is on the bottom bracket shell, so i've been told this will limit me to using a non-cartridge type bottom bracket as i won't have the clearance once the rivnut/bolt is in place. :(

OK. I started on the cable stops today.

This is what I have so far. I'll make 3 more and send them to you to determine the proper place to drill the cable stop counter bore holes.

first_attempt.jpg

SYN-CROSSIS":1xczfn3e said:
Only this pics, i'm waiting for a better fork ;)

Hah! Your bike is very similar to mine. Is your fork also from a 'Softride'?

funk6.jpg

funk1.jpg

I'm also quietly looking for a better looking fork, hopefully one day i'll get an elusive Funk Big Fork... :roll: I already have a number of period-correct suspension forks that I could throw on but I want to keep it rigid.

classen":25klaj5r said:
OK. I started on the cable stops today.

This is what I have so far. I'll make 3 more and send them to you to determine the proper place to drill the cable stop counter bore holes.

first_attempt.jpg

Thanks Scott!!!

You're da MAN! :D :cool:

So at the very LEAST, i'll be having gears in the back. :D

Think I need to get a move on stripping the nasty paint finish off the frame/fork. :? :oops: :roll:

Attachments

• IMG_1752.JPG
    IMG_1752.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 537
  • IMG_1750.JPG
    IMG_1750.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 537
  • IMG_1748.JPG
    IMG_1748.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 537
Back