1995 Kona Kilauea

Looking good, it's a size 18.

I know what you mean about the paint, much better to repair it than try to recreate such a good original finish. I made my own pearl white colour out of Humbrol modelling paints - just a touch of yellow mixed into white and you can't really see the difference.

lewis1641":3swtke1f said:
as i understand it, the mountain shock denotes that the frame has suspension corrected geometry, not that the bike came with suspension. my 95 kona was rigid but had mountain shock on the top tube.
No, the frame geometry is identical Dave. It wouldn't be like Kona to spend any extra pennies like that! They just lengthened the P2 to 41cm from 1994 onwards, so that a suspension fork sagged was only a little bit longer than the P2 and the same frame geometry worked well with either.

I suspect the cases of mixed-up decals are just down to buyers wanting different to what was in stock in the warehouse. At least some of them are right - my Race Light has a P2!

Indeed, my P2 model came with Race Light decals. Sounds like that was the idea, but some snuck out with the wrong forks attached. :LOL:

your inspiration did this

So a big thank you for this post as it had me totally inspired to do my bike which I'm pleased to say is now back and rolling. Check it out:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1743986#1743986

I may have jumped ahead a bit and put discs on mine :)

Ainsley

kona_kilauea_1996_5_103.jpg

kona_kilauea_1996_8_271.jpg

Back