How to prevent your b*%$# from freezing off?

poweredbypies":1c4efoi7 said:
When its really cold I wear a house around me suprisingly warm :LOL:

You might be on to something here, have seen others do that too. You reckon it's worth a try?

I was specifically refering to bib thights. The Lusso stuff looks nice and well-priced.

Quite liking this too, but wonder how it performs in really low temps:
http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;product=23946;page=1;menu=1000,18,12;mid=0;pgc=0

Best way to find out is give it a try I guess

Cheers, Giel

hamster":1x6u8vp5 said:
When it gets that cold I swap to fleece-lined pertex trousers for mountaineering etc.

+1 for fleece lined pertex! i got some Rab Vapour-rise ones, along with a Rab jacket of similar ilk. keeps me sooo toasty, matched up with my helly merino wool tight fitting zip neck top - i used to work for Field and Trek, so nabbed this stuff at discount before the shop snuffed it :p
i have shyte socks and gloves though...used to have merino socks and altura windproof gloves. need some new ones though :(

I use a snowboard helmet for when it's proper kelt, keeps the wind off us ears and has just enough ventilation to keep me noggin in the "Goldilocks Zone."

And a £29 Matalan snowboarding coat over a patagonia fleece, over any old T. Warm as toast. I don't sweat much, even for a 14 stoner.

Goretex Ski Gloves from Tog24, Bargain £19 down from £50-odd. Not much movement in 'em other than being able to articulate the brakes. But on the commute I only use a few gears.

Flat pedals and decent hiking boots as me spd shoes are too well-ventilated to keep warm.

Back