1997 Santa Cruz Heckler: Updated Page 16

I'm kind of assuming that whoever fitted it used one the right size, though ;) Wouldn't be surprised if the Cane Creek was off a Superlight.

Update 11 january 2012

Ok so ive sanded out all the scratches and stone chips. Now its time to bring out the wet n dry/autosol and make it shine :D

DSCF62586.jpg

Sean

Great choice in bikes, I have Xizang and Heckler too.

My 92 Heckler is still my main MTB now. Whoops, I should update :cry: but it still love riding this bike and that is what matters. I do need a bit more time on it lately.

DSC00132.jpg

I still have one of the early Heckler's delivered to Australia but the frame is now a garage ornament for now. It is about a 97 model. It normally didn't have the lights + hefty SLA battery installed though.

OlYellaSCHeckler97.jpg

Eagle eyes can pick the transplanted parts from Ol' Yella to Big Blue.

SC really hit a bullseye with the Heckler and Superlight. They are just lots of fun to ride and easy to live with.

SEANSTEPHENS":2sv6islk said:
Nice! What forks are those on the yellow santa??
Hi Sean,

They are White Brothers SC90's with experimental MX80 fork boots. Good idea at the time since they need a bit of regular loving to keep the foam rings on the seals moist. Great forks though.

Update 01/02/2012

finished work on this last night and its shined up well. its been sanded using 800, 1200, 1500, and 2000 grit then polished 2/3 times

now to get the old one off the bike when i can be arsed :)

SantaCruzHecklerSwingArm.jpg

Sean

What sort of state was it in around the welds to start with?

I need to know the best way to polish in the welds to get the dullness and corrosion off of mine.

phill77":3fm606x8 said:
What sort of state was it in around the welds to start with?

I need to know the best way to polish in the welds to get the dullness and corrosion off of mine.

i dunno tbh, im not really too fussy about polishing the welds, as long as it shines :D its taken me long enough to get this far! :)

Sean

Latest posts

Back