'87 MuddyFox Courier

Coming along well.

Not going to be period correct, more 'sympathetic' and functional.

Sun Rhyno rims/STX 7 speed hubs/HG70 12-28

Michelin Country Mud 2.0's

ITM stem+riser bars.Original headset. XT thumbs'/DC SS5'S

M563 cranks/Shimano,Middleburn,Pace rings + un5? bb/KMC chain

Jagwire cables

BR-M650/Kool-Stop/Tri-Dangles

Kalloy 26.2/DX qr/Orange saddle

Attachments

• DSCmfox.JPG
    DSCmfox.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,098
Yours has white fork. Mine has silver. Keep a watch on your build

I also believe the '89 had U too. There was some cross-over of spec'/decal between previous and subsequent years.

I really love this bike!

Handles really well,got me round a pretty muddy and technical course with no worries.

I did get a fair bit of respect for 'racing' on something so much older than any other bike there (only fully rigid!). I did spot an old Proflex aswell though.

Attachments

• DSCfox20.JPG
    DSCfox20.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 929
  • DSCmuddymuddy.JPG
    DSCmuddymuddy.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 927
Well done fella :D

(you may or may not have seen my minty thread about my '88 )

when you've a moment could you measure your seat to TT and seat tube o/a and top tube for me :cool:

cheers
And

Cheers And,

I have seen your thread, that's a wonderful 'find'. I had one of those in the early 90's (still have a few bits from it!), the fond memories I have of it inspired me getting this one.

I'm a little unsure on exactly what measurements you're after but will happily get them for you once I Know for sure.

Matt.

Matt

i'm interested in sketching up the geometry for the early fox frames.

so in particular it's the seat post length from BB centre to c/line of top tube and also to the top of the seat tube,

then the centre line of the seat tube to the c/line of the head tube.

I have a little 3d CAD modelling ability and may even produce a 3d model of the frame(s).

it's just a bit of time wasting fun (but i may stick the odd fox or two in my drawings)

cheers
And

Latest posts

Back