Other Retro stuff

Ha those old tamiya rc's seven minutes and battery flat! Still got a hornet somewhere and my brother has still got his rough rider and porsche 934 RSR completely original. ah memories........... :D

I'm into retro cars, had loads over the years from Minis and Hillman Imps to American muscle cars most memorable of those being a 70 Mach1 Mustang then a 68 Dodge Charger, currently into old Fords, daily driver is an 84 MK2 Ford Granada 2.8 Ghia X and i have a signal amber 78 MK3 Capri 3.0S that i'm fixing up hopefully it'll be done for the summer.

I'm just not interested in modern cars at all :roll:

Heres my Granada,

grannyfront.jpg

Heres the Charger i had a few years ago,

chargerfront.jpg

chargerrear.jpg

70 Mach1 shaker, new owner driving it, just nipping to the shops i think.

70stang.jpg

Have got a weakness for retro motorbikes.

Owned this own a couple of years ago and sold it to my dad because I had to finance college...(and a good reason for mum to allow my dad to buy this one at least :))

front.jpg

(not mine but was exactly similar, totally restored)

Got a weakness for "old" or "retro" motorbikes like BMW, Zundapp (k series), triumph Bonneville etc.....

Unfortunately theay are not easy to keep 3 stores high........

1958 Vox AC30 guitar amp is probably about the only other retro toy I have...

Plenty of antique and heirloom furniture in the house though, if that counts....

HIFI (LOWFI)

Well, I'm far removed from a hi-fi geek, but I love my Beocenter 2200. Just need to have the CX25 shelf speakers restored. More decorative than functional at the moment...but it sounds good still.
Ebaystuff033.jpg

Ebaystuff032.jpg

And I can play tapes! :LOL:
My everyday 'classic' system......Marantz CD-63 Ken Ishiwata Signature MK2, Audiolab 8000A, and a vinyl player with some sort of arm and stylus that 'would cost a fortune' according to my father-in-law. Now he's a real hi-fi geek...builds and restores valve amps, tape-to-tape machines etc.

Martin":8cz8g4mx said:
Have got a weakness for retro motorbikes.

Owned this own a couple of years ago and sold it to my dad because I had to finance college...(and a good reason for mum to allow my dad to buy this one at least :))

front.jpg

(not mine but was exactly similar, totally restored)

Got a weakness for "old" or "retro" motorbikes like BMW, Zundapp (k series), triumph Bonneville etc.....

Unfortunately theay are not easy to keep 3 stores high........

Very nice...my big bro has worked for BMW for years. Remember him coming home with a lovely R90S. Took his Paris Dakar G something or another out for a spin before it was released to the public. He now has is own dealership. God I hate being the black sheep....sometimes :LOL:

missmyfat":ngrka8xu said:
Ha those old tamiya rc's seven minutes and battery flat! Still got a hornet somewhere and my brother has still got his rough rider and porsche 934 RSR completely original. ah memories........... :D

I just won vintage Tamiya Top Force and Vanquish cars from eBay :D

jimihendrix: Love that '68 Charger! Which motor did it have ?

Archangel":3grf72h2 said:
jimihendrix: Love that '68 Charger! Which motor did it have ?

Just a mild 318 four barrel with an auto box that the previous owner had fitted, was originaly a 383 car but came into the uk motorless, the 318 was all the previous owner could find. Still had it's 3.23 suregrip axle though :)

Went quite well for a small block and did about 20 to the gallon :cool:

Furniture...

I like that 70's organic psychedelic modern space age stuff especially verner Panton. it's going/gone out of style so It'll be all the more accesable to me. :)

Back