Retro Mix Tape

My taste has varied over the years but late 80's was my glam rock era, so Dave lee Roth or meatloaf would be order of the day, you could get a whole turbo session out of bat out of Hell.

I remember working at Torness power station in the late '80s and travelling back and forward from Renfrew everyday. It was something like 90 miles each way in the days before the Edinburgh by-pass.

When we were flagging and starting to drift lanes I would put on a dance album , remember this was the days of raves , and one of the best tracks was ....

The Only Way is up - Yazz and the Plastic Population

My mate was the DJ in the Dean Park hotel in Renfrew on a Friday and Saturday and that track always filled the dance floor.

On the very rare occaisons I used to ride with a cassette (or minidisc :shock:) player, I stuck with Back in Black to get into a steady rhythm on the climbs, then switched to Appetite For Destruction to encourage balls-out descending!

Matthew the artist I'm picking tonight will be "Dave Lee Roth singing Shy Boy"

Saw him in concert with Steve Vai around the time i got my first MTB - Rockhopper comp.

Very good so far but if you dont pick just one then I will choose yours for you :LOL:

Can only wonder at velos taste, cliff richard? Subo?

velos all joni mitchell and gabba house

tho he's not a hall and oats or bread fan

Back