Please recommend a bike shop / mechanic in Liverpool / wigan

Tuckerjenkins

Senior Retro Guru
Hi All,
i live in liverpool and work in Wigan - i'm looking for a reliable and skilled bike shop / mechanic to build up a couple of bikes for me.
I can do most of the build apart from BB installation, gear and brakercables and headset installation / removal.

I've looked at a few places on the web but does anybody have any recommendations?

thanks
Justin

thanks for both replies :D

Elpedro - where in Manc are you (not that i know it well!) - are you fluent in chris King / Campagnolo - road bike version?

oldmuthariley":311xdq9o said:
thanks for both replies :D

Elpedro - where in Manc are you (not that i know it well!) - are you fluent in chris King / Campagnolo - road bike version?

Just over the road from MOSI, near the mahoosive Hilton tower. I have heard tell of special tools for fitting King (which my lbs have and will work for beer), but I've also been told it's no bother if you're careful. I'd probably shy from doing someone else's if I'm honest, my own I wouldn't worry about ;)

Road and Campag are both a bit of an unknown, but other than special tools I can't imagine it's anything out of the ordinary. Special tools could begger things though :?

The local shop is Harry Hall's on Whitworth Street - a bit further than you'd like to travel I know but they are a great bunch and lots gets done on late opening Thursday nights after the boss goes home at six! ;)

Whether it's worth the trouble/travel I wouldn't like to say - hadn't banked on it being something I didn't have to hand, sorry :oops:

Back