FS: Klein MC Manitou SX-Ti and SX-R with Headset Conversion

Tycho

Retro Newbie
Feedback
View
I have two freshly rebuilt Manitou forks from a 1999 Klein Mantra Pro (SX-Ti) and 2001 Mantra Carbon (SX-R). Both are 80 mm travel. Both have TPC with lockout and 80 mm travel. Both are missing the rebound adjust knob (but you can use a hex wrench to dial in rebound).

Brand new 5 wt oil (filled to spec), fresh slick honey grease. Tight bushings, smooth action. Stanchions are in like new condition. I removed both of these forks the day I got the Mantras they came on to install my 1 1/8" conversion kit and 5" travel forks (http://www.themacaddress.com/?p=99708212) so they are very low mile units.

SX-Ti is painted chameleon and has a 180 mm steerer (was installed on a Medium Mantra Pro). Weighs 3 lb 11 oz.
SX-R is painted black and has a 175 mm steerer (was installed on a Large Mantra Carbon). Weighs 3 lb 10 oz.

These forks will fit all MC2/3/3.1 applications (Attitude, Adroit, Alu Mantra Pro, Mantra Carbon and 1999/2000 Pro and Race). For those of you suffering from a crunchy lower bearing, I have a solution. Standard 1.5" crown races press onto these forks, and I have the necessary shims to allow 1.5" external cup headsets to press into both Adroit and Mantra frames. Thus you can retain the tapered steerer of the Mission Control system (and the stem and upper bearing) while adding a much better sealed Cane Creek lower bearing and sealed crown race. This setup adds about +12 mm to the lower stack height.

Forks are $85 ea.
Headset conversion incl Cane Creek "40" 1.5" lower headset plus adapter shims are $55 ea (fork will have crown race installed and lower cup will have shims installed for a drop in installation).
Shipping/handling is $20 inside the U.S. International buyers please contact me for a quote.

Pictures below:
sxr1.jpg

sxr2.jpg

sxr3.jpg

sxr4.jpg

sxti1.jpg

sxti2.jpg

sxti3.jpg

sxti4.jpg

headset1.jpg

headset2.jpg

Re: FS: Klein MC Manitou SX-Ti and SX-R with Headset Convers

Hi,
You happen to still have the Chamelon Klein fork?
Thanks,
Michael

Back