My PC blew up. I need new PC! Recomendations

It really depends what your after, a seperate card with its own ram will always be better than onboard, but other than that buy a card that reflects your requirements.

Do you need high resolution 3d graphics.. or can you get away with using a lesser perfomance card.

Nvidia would be the best chipset to look for (usually better drivers than Ati based cards)

An 8500GT will provide acceptable3d performance at lower resolutions, allow HD content playback and not break the bank. an 8800 series will provide very high performance but set you back at least 3 times the amount of the 8500 series.

You also mentioned dual monitors, most cards these days are dual head, however its still worth making sure on the lower end cards.

Also bare in mind that dual monitors will sap a cards performance, so you may want to aim a little higher.

I really wouldnt in this day and age recomend getting a cross over agp/pcie board. And to be honest, although ASrock are built to a budget, i'd go for something a little more reputable in terms of quality, Asus or gigabyte. the P35 chipset is good for the price range though!.

what jerky says is true and also it might be hard to find the board in question if you can still get it, another thing to take into account and i seen someone say it at the start of the discussion is your psu.

i am assuming that with you still being agp its a old psu you have got although it wors it might not meet the requirements of your new setup. and might also need looking at.

if you go for a new graphics card then you may need a 6 pin power block to connect to graphics if psu is powerful enough this is just a case of a £2.99 adaptor from maplin if it isnt its a new psu to meet supply needs

Now; I see the individual words and I recognise the language is almost English but I've been trying to read it and there's now a vein throbbing in my temple and I have a headache! :?

:cool:
critical_mass_show_of_force.jpg

:LOL:

pcworld if you like paying over the odds is good although you do get the odd bargain but pcworld is like going to halfords in my opinion you do it when you know no better but when you do you try to avoid it unless you cant help it

Its more like the "advice" you get from PC World is the biggest joke. :LOL:

Or lack of it.

They try to sell you a zillion insurance schemes as you try to just buy a simple laptop tripling the purchase price. Amazing. Wouldnt leave us alone!

Terrible terrible place.

Pray tell, where is this 'pee see world' of which you speak? It sounds like some realm of medieval torture!

Back