IBC brakes

philpheasant

Dirt Disciple
Any one have any info on these? trying to work out how to bleed them
Image253.jpg

Image271.jpg

I had a set in 1996, might get more answers in the other forum.

I always had to send them back for a bleed and to fix leaks, was told you needed special tools. I still have a rear brake, it's seized.

whats that bit sticking out the bottom of the non drive side (in the pic its on the right) chamber? looks like a countersunk bolt head...???

had a set of these; never needed bleeding while I owned them; had the manual somewhere...have to look. Sold my set on ebay a few years ago.

GoldenEraMTB":gufru1za said:
had a set of these; never needed bleeding while I owned them; had the manual somewhere...have to look. Sold my set on ebay a few years ago.

If you do find the manual, that would be great :) . Have been searching the internet and found pretty much nothing about them.

twain":3o0d1k1e said:
whats that bit sticking out the bottom of the non drive side (in the pic its on the right) chamber? looks like a countersunk bolt head...???

well spotted. :cool:

pls post photo of underside of the LH brake to see what is there.

More pic's as requested.
IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

Hope someone can help me out, as I planned to run these on my Saracen singlespeed conversion

philpheasant":38cseoau said:

Looks like a bleed screw there on the opposite side to the hoses. Gold bit must do something too. Look for something similar on side of lever. Could be a similar set-up to bleeding Magura rim brakes?

Back