Whinlatter MTB Challenge 2012 - 25th March

I've been looking again, but totally out of shape again (worse than last year even) so I'm in two minds... :?

The 1/2 Enduro was plenty for me last year, absolutely hammered me with all the climbing. Good even though, get yourself along! :)

I'm entered (Full) entered the half last year and had multiple chain snaps - will fit a new chain before the event - lol.

I'll be on the Sintesi.

You definitely deserve more luck this year!

I'm not sure on what bike I'll be on yet, as some 'stock rotation' is on the cards. Hopefully be on a Specialized Epic :)

I'm wishing I had entered the half - lol

I'm been doing regular 1.5-2.0 hour rides so OK up to a couple of hours but haven't done any riding over that. the second lap is going to kill me!

The first (and only) lap I did last year was plenty, there's no way I could have done a second. I even had to walk up one of the last climbs as my quads were cramping up. I probably could do two, but it'd be far from race pace! Hat's off to you doing the full distance. The majority of people seemed to do the full thing last year, even a few people single-speeding it. Crazy.

Best of luck Kev!

I did 2 laps of Llandegla on Sunday as practise. 1st without stopping/unclipping & without granny ring took me about 1:45 - Second, with a stops for a cereal bar at the top of the first climb and some stop later to massage my cramping legs and crunching gears on the last few climbs took me just under 2:15.
That's about 30 miles, maybe a little under. But it will be hard to go as steady as what I need in lap1 of the race - really have to get my head around just riding it and not racing it!

Phone battery went dead on the hill after Parallel Universe on lap #2 http://www.sportstracklive.com/track/de ... ble/533714

Are they going to boot all the 29ers with there 700C wheels?

The event is for Mountain Bikes, NO HYBRID's

Back