Dave Hinde - what do you know?

BoyBurning":3466vmqp said:
Reading that feedback and the responses I am almost tempted to forward to Royal Mail.

I know RM have their moments, but I imagine they would be pretty pissed if they knew they were being blamed constantly by (what seems) an utterly incompetent seller...

Easy target / excuse I guess...

BB

i don't have any affiliation with DHR, as i said before, they are local to me and i have used them without any issues but that doesn't mean to say they don't have problems.

if you look at the volume of stuff they sell you are bound to get people who complain, the odd item lost in the post / failed delivery, some folk who decide they don't want it after buying on a whim / seeing it in the flesh and then pull out the distance selling rule book to get their refund etc. as a company, you need to try what you can to keep customers happy and make money in the process. its hard to do this if you are refunding items left right and centre and having to foot the postal costs to boot, knocking your profit down by more than the original mark-up in some circumstances.

RM seem an easy target for a mail order company to pass the blame onto but i know for a fact that they have their stuff collected from the shop everyday by RM or parcelforce and i know from personal experience that with packages they do fail to deliver items in good time more often than not.

what we hear is the people who had a bad experience, i don't doubt that they are out there but of these people, some will be pratts who want the moon on a stick, others will have a genuine gripe but you don't hear a peep from the thousands of happy mail order customers they serve each year.

bottom line is that everyone gets it wrong from time to time - its part of being human but if you look at the negative feedback as a percentage of their total yearly sales, its probably no worse than any other company.

Just read some of the feedback replies.
The most brutal was...
If this guy spent as much time cycling as he does moaning then he'd be world champion.
Absolute classic putdown.

Thats the feedback you can see now - I know ebay removed a bunch of quite vile feedback left for buyers in their previous incarnation......... :shock:

Only just read this post. Ive got a 2002-ish Dave Hinde "Dragon" frame, with mavic rims & deore brakes, mechs, hollowtech cranks - recently bought for under £70. Rides really well & pretty light too. Be interested to know more about the frame, if anyone's got any info. I'll see if I can take a couple of piccies over the weekend....

wierd only last night i was clubbing together some parts to make a pub/hack bike...

DaveHinde016.jpg

ti-fat-man":2xrtuug7 said:
wierd only last night i was clubbing together some parts to make a pub/hack bike...

DaveHinde016.jpg

your dropping a king headset on a pub hack?

i need your spares bin!

:oops:

yeah but i am using some plastic pedals to attempt some sort of functionality.

might try the cut inner tube covers for a more steath look...that was a fad for a wee while i seem to recall.

Back