Klein Adept Hybrid 1994 Horizon Linear Fade

I bought the frameset with the MC1 painted in Horizon, but I always wanted drop bars. I am just keeping the MC1 as spare in case I want to use it one day.

Just picked up on this thread through the www.oldklein.com site!

Nice work.

You know I really start to enjoy my resprays more once they are built up.

Would it be possible to use one of the photos for my site?

BTW your right that was the original bike in Teal colour.

Cheers

J

I bought the frameset with the MC1 painted in Horizon, but I always wanted drop bars. I am just keeping the MC1 as spare in case I want to use it one day.

Wow! Almost 11 years later and I found this thread. I just wanted to inform you @bat40a6 that your 1994 Adept is now in my posession. I won it last year at the easter weekend. Was it you selling it at eBay or another following owner?

I already had a quick chat with John Rock about it last year. Unfortunately (to some) this beauty will be re-finished once again. John himself confirmed that this was one of his earlier re-sprays and not everything was perfectly chosen on it. Also, HLF is not my favorite color on these - especially if you really like to ride it and also quite some paint is already starting to bubble up, etc. Not comparable to his very fine works of today I assume!

I can keep you updated on this and will eventually start a completely new thread of my own personal build-up. I will link to my build-up thread as soon as I start it with the re-paint.

Cheers from Germany

PS:

Here is just a quick shot of it shortly after I got it in early May 2021. I just put a 1" MC1 in it for the looks and since there was still the adapter of the previous owner in it. By now, I already have the correct sized Adroit/Attitude/Adept bars and everything else I need for the re-build.

1994 KLEIN Adept MC1 Falko Schlötel Germany.jpeg

Back