Headset: Dia Compe Aheadset
Stem: Control Tech 90mm
Handlebar: X-Lite X-Country
Grips: Onza
Barends: n/a

Brakes: M737
Brake Pads: M737
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: front M737, rear custom rocker using Avid Tri/Onza Chill Pill
Brake Levers: M738

Shifters:
Front Derailleur: M738
Rear Derailleur: M737
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: M737
Chain: HG90
Cranks: Sugino Mighty 900
Crank Bolts: Shimano
Chainrings: Azonic 39T
Chainring bolts: ?
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN7?
Pedals: M735

Hub Skewers: Odysey?
Rims: M217
Hubs: M737
Nipples: ?
Spokes: Stainless ...
Tyres: Onza Honch/?
Tubes: ??

Saddle: ??
Seatpost: Control Tech
Seatpost Binder: Allen bolt

Weight: ??

This bike was bought through ebay but the owner was a member on here, as was the previous owner too. It came almost as a full bike but nearly everything was useless. Worn Tioga tyres that I may have binned, cheap nasty bso type wheels, think I gave them away, fugly low end shimano sti’s practically gave away on here, M570 rear mech sold on here, headset was knackered, seat post sold on here, from a later Marin, stem I sold on here, was a short Kore, saddle I gave away to a colleague, forks went in the bin (Suntour something), bar still have in my FS thread, no BB, cranks, pedals, chain or front mech. Rock Shox Mag 21? Fork, using on another bike (only thing worth having except frame and it didn’t suit anyway.

It is mostly catalogue spec except for the post and stem, Spectre OE items that I don’t think were up to much and almost non-existent now, thought the CT items went really well with the build; saddle and bars the same, wanted risers and red was an ode to the colour of the frame (although it doesn’t quite match), and the saddle was one that I had in stock left over from another build, so may still change that in the future.
The biggest pita with this build was the missing rear brake rocker to use canti’s, after a very very long time searching I eventually decided to have a go at fabricating something. Now when I say fabricating I don’t mean in a machine shop fashion as some on here seem able to do but in a “what parts are already out there that could be mated together and subtly butchered to do the job” kind of way.

Has probably cost far too much, is too small for me as was built for the better half/one of the kids to grow into, and hasn’t been ridden. :oops:

Sorry guys, pic's Thursday ealiest. I think there is one on here of my rear canti brake rocker bodge...

...yep here it is, not ideal, but it seems to work and does sort of look pretty.

p1010649small_457.jpg

Back