Anyone heard of a Hooger Booger?

I`m now 100% sure that I have the CompXT from the brochure! The only thing missing is the zebra decal on te toptube!

:oops: :oops:

Don't know if your imageshack account got hijacked or something but my PC's antivirus kicked in when a pop up appeared, forced itself full screen over your pics, took a while to get rid of the pop up too, kept reopening till I killed the process tree.

I have had my Hooger Booger Comp LX (Scott) from new (1990's) . Its looking very tired and is in desperate need of Deore chain rings. I brought the Booger with me to Canada and I have know idea where to purchase parts out here. My wife will be in the UK next month and I would like to send a shopping list with her.. Can anyone recommend where to order compatible Deore LX parts from? Thanks

Trumpton":316q1oj2 said:
I have had my Hooger Booger Comp LX (Scott) from new (1990's) . Its looking very tired and is in desperate need of Deore chain rings. I brought the Booger with me to Canada and I have know idea where to purchase parts out here. My wife will be in the UK next month and I would like to send a shopping list with her.. Can anyone recommend where to order compatible Deore LX parts from? Thanks

Hey mate, welcome to the forum. Not sure why I was reading this thread, but the Hooger Booger name just drew me in!!

I'm no expert, but I would say your best bets are putting up what you need on the Wanted Forum on this site. Otherwise, check the For Sale thread and lastly.. ebay.

Not sure many shops would have any old (New) Deore LX parts unfortunately.

Cheers

Re: Hooger Booger

paul staffs":13t4762t said:
I still own a Hooger Booger Blaster. I purchased it from a friends shop in Jan. 1992. He told me that he had got a few of them coming in from Moore & Large, and the brand was from Europe, but they were owned by Scotts. The bike had Shimano STI. gear shifts, Shimano brakes, and many other good components. He had been suggested to sell them for around £500. I took his reccomendation and ordered it without seing it. When it arrived I was a little shocked, the bottom half was a nice dark/light blue colour scheme, but the top half and the forks were like something out of Austin Powers. I toned it down with a protector pad across the middle. I had wanted to have it sprayed red or silver, and have suspension forks fitted. I left it as it was, and Im glad, because I have never seen another one like it.

I've owned one of these since new, its has very little use over the last 20 or so years and it's sitting in the garage doing nothing, does it have value at all?

Back