lush Dekerf weenie singlespeed

biocandy

Senior Retro Guru
bought this frame of Steve in october http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=167054&highlight=dekerf+team
haven't given it my all, just gathered some parts and trying to decide whether it's a keeper or not

i'll keep it under 7kg, ride-able of course.. bare frame is 1795g.. first i tried with a trigon carbon fork, but that didn't look cool.. so will go with this 200g heavier kinesis maxlight 400 fork.. nice mortop headset 65g.. tune cranks and front hub.. front wheel with 517 ceramic rims and revolution spokes is 645g and rear with quite light hope ti ss hub, 750g.. will for sure change that butt ugly thomson post...

6795329571_b73917cfa6_b.jpg

what dja think? lush isn't it? :)

I really love the British Racing Green and the Black colour scheme, it looks awesome! I can't help thinking that a Vicious Cycles or similar straight bladed fork would look much better on there though, the blades on that one look a bit too fat in my humble opinion. Loving it though!

That does look good, any more pictures? Agree about the fork, if you had the dough a waltworks tapered segemented fork would work really well.

That looks fantastic! BRG is the classiest colour in the world. Not that I'm biased or anything.

I like the forks - which doesn't help you very much... :roll:

thanks dudes.. i'm liking the green a lot too.. zoo much

about the fork, know it isn't a cool dekerf fork or similar.. but they weigh so bloody much.. first i went with a trigon, but on this thin tubed frame that carbon fork looked awful.. of course a dekerf fork or vicious would look even better, but for now this is a weenie project :)

stay tuned

I ran a 410mm TB Project 2 on my old '94 Dekerf. It was a perfect match!
Don't compromise the ride with shonky modern tutt! ;) It's gotta be a steel fork.

biocandy":3cl286kh said:
i'll keep it under 7kg, ride-able of course.. bare frame is 1795g.. first i tried with a trigon carbon fork, but that didn't look cool.. so will go with this 200g heavier kinesis maxlight 400 fork.. nice mortop headset 65g.. tune cranks and front hub.. front wheel with 517 ceramic rims and revolution spokes is 645g and rear with quite light hope ti ss hub, 750g.. will for sure change that butt ugly thomson post...

Under 7kgs - with pedals and decent tyres??

What in-line post looks (and is) better than a Thomson? - nice bike though.

Back