1992-93 HeiHei full ti

No, like some parts which could be ano : the rear cog, some bolts…
I tried to built a bike which could be riden. For exemple, the ceramic of the rims what really what I wanted.
The last question I've got no answer : the front wheel with titanium spokes. I don't know if it's a cool or a stupid idea ! :LOL:

24pouces":1b80b397 said:
The last question I've got no answer : the front wheel with titanium spokes. I don't know if it's a cool or a stupid idea ! :LOL:

Definitely cool, although I don't think they give any real advantage :cool:

Can't believe it's not just a complete mess with all that ano - a very fine job! :D

That looks awesome Pierre!!! It´s pretty difficult to build a bike with such amount of purple bits and not to look a bit... too much. But this one is just perfect, love the combination of all the bits, really cool one!

24pouces":3o6ibsiv said:
No, like some parts which could be ano : the rear cog, some bolts…
I tried to built a bike which could be riden. For exemple, the ceramic of the rims what really what I wanted.

Front wheel with ti spokes! Definatly cool. I lased up a 28hole Mavic 217 on a Chrisking front and a 32hole Mavic 217 to a Ck in the back. But in the back we ended up only using ti spokes in the non-drive side in order to give simlar tension (dt champ in drive side). It was the best wheelset I have ever ridden. I used it for xc racing back in the late 90'es. It was strong, light and real good looking. Alu nippels gave it some color to the bank hubs, silver rimes and grayish spokes... go for it!

The difference are the rim. You got mavic rims with CK hubs. You can tighten your spoke and getting a stiff wheel.
The sun rims are not as strong as the mavic, and the friend who builted my wheels had to do it with care.

The titanium fork of the HeiHei is one off the better fork I have riden, but it was with a classic stiff mavic wheel. So, front part of the bike was very confortable, but very precise too. But too many flexy titanium part… I have to try…

Back