MacRetro Newbies.... Introduce yourself here:

Hi

I'm new to the forum, based in Kirkcaldy.

Never been on a bike for years. But have signed up to do the Maggies Charity Monster Bike and Hike from Fort William to Inverness in May and need a bike quickly in order that i can start training. (approx 31 mile cycle, then a 41 mile walk, all to be completed within 24 hrs).

Looking for a 19" Orange P7.

Les

lesscott":sppfdi2p said:
Hi

I'm new to the forum, based in Kirkcaldy.

Never been on a bike for years. But have signed up to do the Maggies Charity Monster Bike and Hike from Fort William to Inverness in May and need a bike quickly in order that i can start training. (approx 31 mile cycle, then a 41 mile walk, all to be completed within 24 hrs).

Looking for a 19" Orange P7.

Les

Welcome Les, you just missed on that went for £50!!

Yeah, just my luck !! Hopefully someone will see my wanted advert, and get in touch soon. I'd been sitting looking at the forum all day yesterday, and then headed out to the shops about 5 mins before that Orange P7 appeared !!

Then i spent the evening watching the football on tv, so never saw the advert until late on.

welcome les
just up the road in grimrothes

you should get geed up for a trundle with us soon , i'm sure someone
can lend you a bike if you need

us east coasters try to get out at least once a week (blairadam yesterday)

what size bike are you looking for and any preferance beyond the orange ? ohh and budget too ?

Hi

I'd like a 19" Orange P7

Budget wise - around £200 to £250 or cheaper would be ideal. There's a chance i may go a bit higher, if it was a decent one though.

Not sure if i will be into cycling long term or not. My goal is to train for the Bike n Hike challenge in May, then i'll decide whether to carry on biking or not. Think i probably will carry on though.

When are the weekly cycles ?

Les

Welcome Les ;)

If you are not sure if you are going to be into it long term why so specific with the bike ?, why an Orange P7 ?, did you have one before ?, what about a Clockwork, Prestige, or C16 etc, does it need to be a steel frame ?

You should be able to get a decent bike for your price range though ;)

Hello

Thought I'd better doo the official intro thing, although met a few of you on the Weekend on the Dunkeld ride - Knew ClockworkGazza when he was a mere skinny long haired stooodent in the distant past and after moving back to the wilds of of North he finally persuaded me to remove the cobwebs, change the rat eaten rear Wildslapper and get on the old '96 CinderCone for some fun in the mud.

Those at Dunkeld will have noticed that the years have not been kind to the frame... me that is, the bike is fine. Sort of a lard arse right now but if I can get out on the Kona abit more often... might just shed a few stone!

As Clockwork Gazza already christened me with the seriously cool avatar, best stick with it :)

Welcome again Frank, the avatar is the wee pic, do you have one it's not showing up on my pc

If not here are a few retro franks....

frank1.jpg
AnneFrank128.jpg
Frank_Zappa_tn.jpg

Back