Silver all mountain rims.

phill77":1u1qx3au said:
How practical (and expensive) would it be to have some black rims stripped and silver anodised do you think?

I'd love some silver Crests.

Surely cant be that much hassle/money. Dpends on how fussed you are about the colour of a certain rim.
Some wheels i like the graphics on but i guess if they can reproduced its no bother.

I will add that i prefer rounded style rims to box section ones (i.e sun ringle rhyno).

DT Swiss don't do silver, nor do Stans.

Mavic is the only one I know for sure that you can get silver rims if you know where to look

Superstar do rims (rebaged Alex Rims) but only in black or ano colours

Alex rims range is a tad confusing & they don't seem to do a silver rim, just black rims with silver machined braking surfaces

Silver is so last millennium for bike parts these days, shame really as it suits so many bikes having silver wheels and finishing kit (although Ritchey have their Classic range of finishing kit in silver)

As the old phrase goes ...Light, Strong, Cheap.... pick two of those attributes

XC rims from Mavic (XC717, XC317) weigh ~400g, if you want tougher you'll have to pay with either weight or price

I'd guess you'd want a rim with an internal measurement of 19mm or 21mm for AM usage like a Mavic XM719 or an EX721

Some good replies here.

As i said i dont know the 'ideal' weight for an am rim, any input?

Id take any of the weight/strentgh/price ratio. Im guessing to be upto around £30-40 a rim (long term goal). If thats anything to go by.

Im shocked at how hard it is to find a silver rim and surprised that dt or stans dont do silver and all this years mavics are black!

Whats the difference between the xm and ex range? The widths you said would be more like it.

719 isnt too bad a weight and can take upto 2.3 tyres.

i was looking at superstars website recently, a google turned up that their rims are made by mach 1 but have good reviews compairing them to 717 mavics, lots of colour to and good price

lumos2000":2p3gaet0 said:
i was looking at superstars website recently, a google turned up that their rime are made by mach 1 but have good reviews compairing them to 717 mavics, lots of colour to and good price
A friend of mine has the Superleggera Tech2 Wheelset which used Alex rims & some of their other wheelsets use Alex rims too

Not the right colour for the superstar rims unfortunately and i cant find mach 1 rims!

I think most of the superstar stuff is catalogue. Their pedals are ht components.

Back