Australian Events and Rides - Melbourne, VIC

How about a 10am start?

oh, and I remember ages ago you saying you were interested in the steel framed Konas, like the Cindercone I have. I saw a steel framed Kona Kilauea for sale the other day, at the 'retro' bike place at Rose Street Market. Full of fixies and the like, but tucked in the back was a steel framed kilauea with mainly M737/9 XT gear. It looked like the fork had been changed for a later one but you could fix that fairly easily. Way too big for me but i imagine it'd fit yourself.

Slight change of plan, Skinny and myself will be there shortly after 9 if your about Arran, maybe see you tomorrow

Pfennig":1dn6hv8p said:
Slight change of plan, Skinny and myself will be there shortly after 9 if your about Arran, maybe see you tomorrow

Hey. went out this morning for a 2 1/4 hr burn & was finished about that time... I might be abel to duck out again tomorrow but I don't think it'll be that late, sorry.

P.S. Thanks for the heads up re; the Kona but i'm trying to consolidate at the moment as opposed to adding to the fleet. :(

Pfennig":18g7lpcp said:

OK, you've twisted my arm. I'm in! Trail Mix @ ~ 9?

Good ride today, but enough to make me realise that I should of been a bit easier on the pies over christmas! cheers Arran and Skinny

Haha yeah the pies and booze really showed up today. Just washed the bike and the ton of filth that came off it was equivalent to what come off me in the shower! Not a bad effort today I reckon gave me the boost I needed to start riding the roadie to work again.

Anyone up for a ride in the next week or two? I'm interstate till the weekend so this weekend is out but next weekend I should be free. Would be nice to get all us lads out for a lazy bimble.

I'm defiantly up for a burn when everyone's free, it's been a while since I got a proper off road ride in...

On a subject that's neither MTB or Retro related, I had this crazy idea that I might do Around the Bay in a Day this year. Probably the 210 or 135k rather than the full 250... Anyway's would anyone here be mad enough to join me? It's for charity...

I'd be up for a dawdle now that I've found out why I could ride longer than ten minutes before nearly dropping dead! And Skinny, you'de be pleased to note I'm still off the darts!! I wouldn't be able to get out until after the next couple of weekends.

Back