DeKerf Generation 1996/97

clockworkgazz

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Excuse the fork and the stem but just wanted to get this bike out on the trails to see how it rode. Climbs like stink and is pretty stiff and therefore quite responsive. The repair on the stay held and the forks were actually pretty good and better than judys of that time and the rc36's I had on them too. Feels like a keeper but I have said this before, looks pretty nice too.

2011-12-11114804.jpg

2011-12-11114821.jpg

2011-12-11115338.jpg

2011-12-11115420.jpg

2011-12-11122728.jpg

First real test out on the trails round Dunkeld on Sunday, bike was pretty good really. Climbs very well and it is fast and stable going downhill too. I suspect with a dekerf front fork it would be a really direct singltrack beast. Got a syncros stem today and will put on some modern rubber that can cope with the muddy trails up here.

clockworkgazz":3pbu5198 said:
First real test out on the trails round Dunkeld on Sunday, bike was pretty good really. Climbs very well and it is fast and stable going downhill too. I suspect with a dekerf front fork it would be a really direct singltrack beast. Got a syncros stem today and will put on some modern rubber that can cope with the muddy trails up here.

Excellent, and the stem will look nice, :cool: the dekerf fork is something i would like to try, but these bikes do seem to be kept rather than sold, i only ever see them every once in a while for sale. Especially in my size.. :oops:

clockworkgazz":3mvg2h09 said:
will put on some modern rubber that can cope with the muddy trails up here.

I know someone selling a pair of white tyres if its any help?

Latest posts

Back