Silver all mountain rims.

cyfa2809

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Painted/satin kind of silver. Strong yet lighweight. What is about?

Reasonably priced too. For disc, 32h.
Want cross rides or similar etc.

Not a wanted, just looking to find out whats around.

Been looking at alex sx44's but cant find any anywhere.

May want to go tubeless so a bonus if so but not massively necesary.

Mavic XM 317?

Not a lot of silver rims out there, black and anodized are where it's at these days

Shame as a lot of bikes suit silver wheelsets

Cheers for that. Added to the shortlist.
But i think theyre a tad heavy? I think id be aiming for 350-400g per rim? I dont have much idea of this though as i have never had a lightweight bug before!

Has to be silver though.

To go lighter I would think XC717, most this years including the XM's seem to be black
but a search will find you silver XC717 DISC's. But then they're not aimed at All Mountain as they are narrow and the tyre recommendation from Mavic is only really up to 2.1" I think (saying that I run 2.25" on my rim brake versions of them.)

I like the mavics but would ideally want a different brand not necessary just a thought i suppose.
All this years mavics i have been looking at are black yes.

I think the 717's will be a bit too narrow and lacking just that little extra strength for the dh runs and whatnot (on occasion, i dont want dh heavy weights either as i will be aware that i am riding am rims on dh track).

Running a 2.4 nevegal at the moment which will probably go on there and they come up big, i generally prefer bigger tyres also.

To get lighter/as light, yet wider you'll either need less strong rims, no eyelets or carbon I would have thought.

and they're the only modern rim I know of :LOL:

I've got xc719's on my hardtail and think they are a great rim.

Claimed 460g and so far not flinched on anything I've ridden them on.

Been looking for some more but can only seem to find xm719 :roll:

Not sure about silver though.

How practical (and expensive) would it be to have some black rims stripped and silver anodised do you think?

I'd love some silver Crests.

Back